by corinne iaia

June 20, 2015

KATE SOMERVILLE DOES BASE PRODUCTS


Lately it seems that more than half of my base collection consists of BB/CC Creams and it probably has something to do with the fact that they just keep getting better and better. Even Kate Somerville, famous for her wonder-working skincare products (more on that to come) is taking a stab at the world of bases now...and I couldn't be happier about it.

Even though they only launched launched some weeks ago, it's no surprise that I've already heard great things about the Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream and the IllumiKate Concealing Eye Cream. I have the shade 04 Medium in the CC Cream, and 02 Medium in the Eye Cream, and both are good shade matches for my current sun-kissed complexion. I was actually struggling to find a product in my stash that was the right color for me once I returned from Italy, but these have sorted me out on that front.

I'm loving that the new CC Cream releases seem to also provide a high coverage in the SPF department, and this one is no different boasting a factor of 50. Another perfect summer base product, giving skin that dewy and healthy glow we're all after, especially when used in tandem with the eye concealer. The finish mimics my skin's natural look and the texture sits somewhere between a thick moisturizer and a tint. It's dewy without being greasy and gives a brightened and perfected look to the skin. It contains a blend of ingredients that help to even skin tone over time as well as minimize water loss, which is perfect for dry or dehydrated skin types. Oily girls may want to powder their t-zones over top of this but I would say this is a perfect suits-all everyday base with light to medium coverage. One worth trying, for sure.

The Concealing Eye Cream is right up my street, being the perfect combination between an illuminating pen and a higher coverage concealer. The texture is a lightweight cream that, when applied, quickly perfects my under eye area without looking as though there's anything there. It doesn't settle into fine lines whatsoever, and best of all - it contains anti-aging ingredients that help to actually improve wrinkles and imperfections, not just cover them up. The fact that it's a click pen doesn't hurt either.

What do you think about Kate's take on base products?

*PR Samples, All opinions are my own.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love the sound of this! I really like Kate Sommervilles skincare and I'm betting she's done a fab job of this.
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig