by corinne iaia

June 13, 2015

MY ITALIAN MAKEUP BAG


As promised (better late than never, right?) I'm back to chat packing makeup for holidays. More specifically, my 'Italian' makeup bag so to speak. I thought it would be better to talk about it after I tested out my kit, rather than before I knew how well it would work out for me. I must say, I was able to pack all of my necessities and even additional options into one Sephora makeup bag. What can I say? I like having my options.

Starting with face, I consider myself pretty well behaved and brought only one - my Chanel CC Cream. It works perfectly both day and night - my only complaint was that the shade ended up being a bit too light for me after a few days in the sun. Needless to say I went foundation free for the remainder of the trip, which was totally fine with me as I had three concealer options with me. The Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer which is more full coverage and great used all over the face when necessary, the Clinique Airbrush Concealer for light under eye coverage, and the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer for multitasking. As for primers, I brought along two teeny tiny samples of the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer and the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer  that had me covered for both eyes and face. To make sure things stayed shine-free in the hot Italian sun, I brought along my trusty Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. It's quickly become my go-to lightweight powder for de-slicking and creating a long lasting finish. It's also great because it's lightweight and can even be used on top of under eye concealer. 

For additional touches of face color, I tossed in my Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow for contour, bronzing, and highlighting - you already know it's a firm favorite. And I'm sure it's also no surprise that my Tom Ford Cream Cheek Color* in Pink Sand made the trip as it's my current favorite Summer blush to add a bit of glow and color in one. The eyes were all about the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita, because, you know - Italy and that Dolce Vita lifestyle go hand in hand so how could I not? It also has the perfect array of colors that take your eye look from day to night with the swipe of a 217. I also admit to having tossed in my Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean for an easy swipe and go option in a pretty pearlescent nude shade. 

The liner brigade made it's way in the bag as well. I brought my Aerin Cool Gel Eyeliner* in 02 Essential Brown, my Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner for a precise wing, my Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob, and my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium. To define, enhance, and hold things in place I chose my Blink Brow Bar Clear Brow Gel and Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara

Of course, we cant forget the lip picks, which is always the hardest product category to choose from. Lip product addicts raise hands! I decided to only bring along the products that I was positive I would use regularly, so in went the Tom Ford Lip Color* in Sweet Pot, Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Taboo, Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner* for hydration, and for color the BareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil Balm in Rose Passion

All in all a lot to choose from, but I have to say I went pretty easy on the lip products and for that, I am proud of myself! What would/did you take with you on a summer holiday?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You've perfectly edited your travel bag! The CT bronze and glow will forever be my holiday fave and always come along for the ride. And I love that Aerin balm xx
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. CT Filmstar Bronze and Glow is really the best! Can't be without it :)
    xx,

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig