by corinne iaia

June 08, 2015

THE TRAVEL SKINCARE ROUTINE




When it comes to skincare, I like to have my choices. Well, when it comes to anything, really. However, there's only a few products I truly need to keep things in shape. So this time around I've really streamlined things and brought along only the necessities, as overpacking toiletries always ends up being regretted later on. Whether they get confiscated, leak, or just take up way too much precious space in your luggage. 

Like I said, I'm keeping it simple, so only the important bits have made the cut here. A face wash is crucial, and I wouldn't usually recommend traveling with your oil or balm cleanser (too much potential for messy leaks!) so the Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser is perfect. It comes in a handy 3 ounce bottle that you can find in the aisle of doom before checkout at most Sephora stores. As far as waterproof eye makeup removal goes, I'm a bit of a stickler for making sure it's all removed, so I've brought along a miniature bottle of Lancome Bi-Facil, which is foolproof and takes off every last bit of the stuff. 

I'm skipping on serum and packing a gel-based moisturizer instead, as I don't like too many layers of product during the summer. The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is great for daytime, as it takes care of any parched skin but dries down quickly and completely. For nighttime, I'm okay with an extra hit of moisture, so a sample size of the Korres Black Pine Night Cream makes my skin smooth and has it in it's happy place come morning. 

I then like to pack a few extras, such as an eye cream/depuffer like the Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel Roll On. This clear gel really helps to fix my jet-lagged eyes with a dose of cooling, caffeinated moisture. Masks are essential for keeping things in check, not to mention, are quite good quick-fixes to any skin issues you may be having. I'm taking along minis of the Fresh Rose Face Mask and the Mario Badescu Whitening Mask to keep things bright, soothed, and moisturized. 

*My best tip is to store up samples, or even ask for them at Sephora or your local cosmetic counter. When it comes to traveling, size usually trumps even my favorites, as it makes for much easier packing and eliminates the risk of having your favorite products taken from you.*

All in all, the products I mentioned all weigh in under (*pats self on back*) the TSA regulation size, but will be plenty to see you through your trip. Unless of course you're moving, or traveling for more than a month. In that case, I recommend you purchase most products upon arrival. After all, despite feeling as though you're going to need a lifetime supply of things, there are going to be stores at your destination - and shopping is always fun. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig