by corinne iaia

June 09, 2015

WARM-WEATHER APPROPRIATE GLOW-GETTERS


I looove me a good highlighter, especially during the Summer when your skin is glistening under the sun. That does, however, change things a bit. You'll likely need products that mesh well with your skin and melt in instead of heavy powders that sit on top and look too obvious. Read: glittery. Glitter is a no-no but sheen and a dewy glow are on the yes list. Here are some of my favorites for a Summer filled with glow. There's something for every skin type and preference here, so read on...

For very oily skin - The Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candelight is the one exception to the no powder rule. This stuff is so finely milled and creamy, if ever a powder was, that it looks like second skin with a hint of glow. It's the perfect option for those with skin too oily for slippery cream or oil based products - especially during humid weather.

For skin at any age - Young, and even mature, yes. I don't think that the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow could go wrong on anyone. It goes on like a skincare product before you apply your usual foundation to plump the skin, moisturize, smooth over fine lines, and add a bombshell golden-glow. It's like you have a soft-box light following you wherever you go when you're wearing this and best of all - it keeps makeup in place no matter the weather. 

For dry or sensitive skin - The coconut oil based RMS Living Luminizer is for you. It's certified organic and the balmy highlighter contains the most finely-milled mica for a real-life glow. It seriously looks like healthy, shiny, clean skin if you're into that sort of thing. I love how it looks in natural light, as it gives off a soft, dewy glow - nothing too harsh or obvious here. If you're extremely prone to acne, I wouldn't go rubbing this all over the place, but if you're normal, combination, or dry you need this in your life. Like, yesterday.

For combination skin - I think that the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight in Hefty Highlight would suit many skin types, but is most definitely the answer for those in search of an in-between product. It's not too creamy, not too dry, and glides on the skin so smoothly you hardly need to blend at all. It's also great for on-the-go application and comes in a beautiful shade of pearlescent pink shell. Kind of like a one-shade-fits-all type deal. 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That Clinque one reminds me so much of the No7 one, it's less that £10 I think. I have my eye on the Kevyn Aucoin highlight, love your picks :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the KA cream sculpting duo so it has the cream version of Candelight which is so gorgeous and great for daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get me some CT Wonderglow I've heard such great things x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. My skin is awfully dry so maybe I should give that RMS Living Luminazer a go!
    xx,
    E.
    www.theslowpace.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig