by corinne iaia

July 09, 2015

ILLUMINATING PRIMERS FOR SHIMMER HATERS

There's always this struggle between wanting to look glowy, but at the same time not wanting to look like a disco ball. Depending on my mood or the occasion, there are times when I like a little bit of light shimmer, and other times I want a radiance that looks more natural. This is where my roundup of skin illuminating primers come in that they're perfect for the shimmer haters among us. 

It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Anti-Aging Collagen Veil Primer* - This skincare/makeup hybrid is often my substitute for moisturizer on lazy mornings. It hydrates, plumps thanks to added collagen, and supplies skin with essential vitamins in one step. The creamy and opaque mixture leaves my skin prepped perfectly for makeup, but gives an additional amount of radiance while juicing up my skin. It's like a photo-filter for the skin and would be an excellent choice for mature skin. 

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer in Radiant Primer Pink - I'd say that this is the most skin-tone brightening of the bunch, thanks to it's seashell pink tint. Of course, that doesn't show up on the skin, but it gives a translucence and creaminess to the complexion that's pretty hard to come by in a shimmerless formula. I also love that it still allows the skin to breathe; the older I get, the less a fan I become of the primers that seal over your pores like caulk. This one is beautiful and ultra-undetectable.  

Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel - This primer has reached cult status over the past year or so. Every beauty blogger and magazine editor raves about this creamy fluid and for good reason. It's an oil free liquid that sets to an almost powdery finish, without the unnatural aspect that most tend to have. It smoothes over fine lines and wrinkles and gives a lit-from-within glow to the face, without one speck of shimmer to be seen. It's the best all rounder here - I use it to both prime my face, and to add life back into my skin post-foundation. It is a great multi-tasker and my makeup kit will never be without a bottle. Really, never

Do you have any radiance-inducing primer that you love that I should know about?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The Make Up Forever sounds interessting!

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanc de Chanel is one of my all time favourites x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. the chanel primer sounds awesome

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig