by corinne iaia

July 07, 2015

IT'S PEACH SEASON





And we're not just talking fruit wise, people. There's never been a color that I've stayed more loyal to throughout my relationship with makeup than peach. Peach blush, lipgloss, highlighter, even peachy champagne eyeshadows - you name it, I've got it in multiple versions of the ultra-flattering shade. There's just something to be said for the way it instantly brightens spirits and complexions when done right, and there's no better time than the summer to be swiping and blending to peachy perfection. 

I noticed a theme after my 4th of July makeup bag contents spilled out in front of me to reveal nothing other than a peachified color palette, so it got me all inspired to share. Here are some of my top warm, pink, and fruity-hued makeup right now...

Peachy cheeks is where I'll start out because it's probably my most blushed shade, ever. I can't get enough of the Clinique Cheek Pop in Melon Pop right now for it's neon meets pastel color that acts like an instant face lift. If you're looking for a place to start with peach blushes, this one is impossible to go overboard with and will no doubt give you the youthful glow you want. For a more intense go at the peach side of blush, I'd recommend Chanel Joues Contraste in 190 Angelique. Chanel blushes seem to last forever both in the pan and on the skin, making this shade in particular a good investment. How could you ever get sick of a creamy, peach-flushed complexion...especially when there's a highlight to match. For a golden peachy-sheen, there's nothing quite like MAC Creme Color Base in Hush. If you're super pale, you can even get away with using this as a blush, with a light hand of course. 

When it comes to eyes, it's safe to say I'm the least adventurous in terms of playing with unusual color combinations. Especially for day time looks. I find my favorite way to wear a bit of the color on the lids is in the form of a champagne-peach shadow with pretty flecks of shimmer running through. Sort of like Tom Ford Cream & Powder Eye Color in Golden Peach, the Chanel Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in 204 Tisse Vendome, and of course MAC All That Glitters. I also like it blended with a bit of a glistening bronze toward the outer corner for a molten metal look. 

Peach lips of course, are a no brainer. I love a peach lip, so much so, that it's quite hard for me to narrow down my favorites. But, in the name of beauty advice I've done it and picked out the four that I've probably reached for the most over the past few months or so. They go something like this: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 Coral, Clarins Lip Balm Crayon in 02 Creamy Pink , MAC Cremesheen in Peach Blossom, and Tom Ford Sheer Lip Color in Skinny Dip.

What are your favorite versions of peach to wear in the summer?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Peachy gorgeousness! Peach is a color I don't have a lot of in my arsenal and I don't really have a reason why?! Time to start investigating the peaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lipsticks!

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll definitely be checking out melon pop ASAP -- i've been absolutely obsessed with peach lately. i even ordered a planner cover in peach. it's becoming a problem. hush also looks gorgeous, definitely need to pick that up as well.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig