by corinne iaia

July 13, 2015

MY BEACH MAKEUP ROUTINE



I love beauty and I certainly don't need to tell you twice. But beauty and the beach? Now we're talking a match made in heaven. Although, melty makeup and heavy products would say otherwise. That's why myself and fellow beauty blogger Nicola, from Perfect Peonies (instagram @nicola_darita), teamed up to bring you our beach makeup routines. We wouldn't want your beauty product woes wreaking havoc on your perfect beach day, so here are my favorite (tried and true!) makeup products that will keep you looking fresh and pretty under the sun. 

Generally, when I'm at the beach, I like to enjoy being at the beach. I'm quite lazy when it comes to beach-ready beauty routines and anything that requires check ups or touchups just isn't going to happen. I do, however, like to look presentable in case said beach day leads to drinks or lunch...or both. My face starts off with a pea sized dollop of the Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield* as it does the job of primer and sun protection in one and creates a smooth canvas. Minimal makeup will do from there, but a bit of the Chanel CC Cream works wonders and never looks greasy; it's simply my skin but better and more even-toned. A bit of Chanel Concealer goes under my eyes to erase dark circles, and a touch of Tom Ford Cream Cheek Color* in Pink Sand adds life and luminosity to the apples of the cheeks. This blush is amazing, by the way, my absolute favorite product of the summer. It's limited edition, so snag one while you can. 

I tend to skip eye makeup altogether, as I get quite the melty eyeshadow and certainly don't need to be worrying about that. I swipe my lashes in It Cosmetics Tightline* instead, as it does the job of eyeliner and mascara in one - but without the clumps. It's really quite the godsend of a product for lazy mornings, or days in general. There's no harm in admitting we have them, we're all friends here. I then like to use a protective lip balm, like the Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner*, which I'll toss into my bag for later too. A spritz of a seaside appropriate fragrance, like Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt, that's light, fresh, and a little salty is the perfect finishing touch. See, I told you...when it comes to beauty under the sun, life's a beach.  

You can read all about Nicola's favorites on her blog too. I'm sure you'll be left with plenty of inspiration come next weekends beach trip. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It Cosmetics Tightline sounds amazing

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect beach products! I can't wait until summer to get so much more use out of Pink Sand, it just screams summer to me x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig