by corinne iaia

July 21, 2015

SIMPLE WEEKEND MAKEUP BAG

Beauty junkies will be able to relate to me here; it's near impossible to narrow all those pretty bits and bobs down to a reasonable amount for the weekend. Thoughts and situations run through my head making me second guess myself, "What if I need a bold lip option but only bring nude gloss?" - which is quite ridiculous considering I tend to go very light on the makeup for a weekend away especially when boats and bikinis are the main event. I packed my cute Nordstrom makeup bag (an awesome GWP in my opinion!) and have to say I came in under what I expected and was still more than covered in the beauty department. Yayyy for minimalism...or at least attempting it. 

I packed only one complexion product per category: the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer for light and natural coverage, the Chanel Concealer for bags and blemishes, and the old reliable Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. I've spoken many times about these products so if you'd like in-depth reviews, go ahead and hit that search button! 

If you know me at all, then you know brows are something I won't/can't forgo, so in goes with Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil, mainly because it's much more portable than the Pomade. The spoolie on one end and thin wax nib make for quick and precise brow grooming. For eyes it's pretty simple because I tend to stay away from shadows if I'm planning on swimming or getting wet, so I will use a little bit of brown shimmery liner. The Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Ro(Cocoa) works perfectly because it does not budge (at all) and can be scribbled all over the lid and blended out if desperate times called for such. Then I prime my lashes and give them a root lift of sorts with the It Cosmetics Tightline* before coating them in healthy doses of Diorshow Mascara

You won't even believe it, but there was only need for one lip product, though it's a do-it-all product so it's almost like having at least two. The Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Hydrating Lip Balm works great for adding a bit of pinky nude color while nourishing the lips and keeping them slightly glossy. A pop of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Telluride* adds a tawny rose glow to the cheeks and does the job of both blush and bronzer in one. 

There you have it; the perfectly minimal, yet complete makeup kit.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. that makeup bag is adorable, i wish they still had it as a GWP where i am! and i really need to pick up that ambient lighting powder, it's the top one on my list.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just barely missed that GWP. all those bags were so cute and I'm bummed i missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig