by corinne iaia

August 31, 2015

MY FIVE SUMMER MAKEUP HEROES

Looking back on the past summer (I know, it's not entirely over yet) I've noticeably streamlined my routine, and even reached for the same products often throughout the season. I'm doing my makeup in record time with products that worked very well for the summer; locking everything in place without looking too much. I've narrowed it down to the five products I couldn't have made it through these sticky months without...and here's to a new month tomorrow!
  1. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation - You know the drill with this one, so I'll spare you too many details. I just fell back in love with this LBB (little black bottle) of skin-perfecting fluid over the past few months. I loved many a BB Cream as well, but have been relying on this foundation for when I want a bit more coverage, while keeping a satiny and natural finish. Sometimes, shopping the stash is the most satisfying way to shop afterall.
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Micro-Powder - There is no powder as finely milled and as creamy as this. It blends in perfectly with my skin and is virtually undetectable - even when looked at in the sunlight! No kidding, either. If you haven't tried this yet, change that ASAP.
  3. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Hydrating Lip Balm - The perfect no makeup, makeup look for your lips. The creamy balm texture stays put on the lips longer than most, and the finish enhances the natural lip shape. I have had this in my handbag throughout the summer and could not have made it through without. It requires no thought whatsoever and you're lying if you say that's not a good thing.
  4. Tom Ford Cream Cheek Color in Pink Sand* - This gem was my single favorite product of the entire season. I know you're probably sick of seeing it around, but it deserves a final mention. It saved my complexion from looking flat all summer long and did the job of a blush and highlighter in one, without ever feeling greasy or looking unnatural. A true beauty!
  5. Trestique Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold* - If you struggle with oily eyelids and can't find a product that lasts all day - you can end your search here. If I'm in a rush in the morning, there's nothing else I reach for. I love this particular light browny gold shade for everyday and the formula is so good, it doesn't crease in the slightest. It's safe to say I'll be picking up a few new shades come fall.
What were your makeup heroes this summer?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig