by corinne iaia

August 07, 2015

"STROBING" MADE TOO EASY

Just as we've all figured out how to contour like a pro, it's now considered old news and we're onto a new technique. Go figure. Usually, I'd be all, "what now", but with strobing (yes, that's the new technique) I'm not going to complain because it's almost too easy to master. The idea is simple: make the high points of the face stand out (where light would naturally hit your face) by using highlighters. Essentially, dig out your illuminating products and apply them for for a more ethereal and *dewy* look, instead of contouring and making things look flat, and, perhaps a bit...dirty?

So, there are four key points you'd want to accentuate with said highlighters: cheekbones, brow bones, nose, and cupids bow.You can do them all at once, or, just pick your favorite features and strobe, strobe, strobe away. You don't want to end up looking frosted, (after all, you're not a cake) so subtle highlighters tend to be my favorite. 

I like to use my trusty Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel highlighter because it's shimmer free, but still brings to light the areas you want to accentuate, making it the perfect choice for the shimmer-haters among us. It's also perfect for the summer because you don't need to worry about he shimmer particles migrating to areas of your face where they're not welcome. The Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiance is also amazing, for a natural, satin finish in a beautiful warm pearl shade that leaves you looking lit-from-within. I specifically love the texture of this, as it's smoother and less greasy than some of my other favorites. 

My favorite tip to avoid looking too shiny at any point during these hot and sweaty days of summer, is to set the face with a glow-inducing powder. I like to use Guerlain Meteorites in Clair 02 (use your preferred shade) and tap the powder into the skin in the same areas that you just highlighted, taking care not to dull the glow. Viola, welcome to strobing...I think you'll find it much easier and more naturally-enhancing than it's predecessors. 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. The Kjaer Weis looks lovely!

    Alexandra x
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately need to try strobing! I keep forgetting it's a thing, I've only just got the hang of contouring haha!

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so simple, you won't even realize you're doing it!

      xx,

      Corinne

      Delete
  3. I love Le Blanc de Chanel, I haven't used it in ages. I'll have to dig it out!!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig