by corinne iaia

September 08, 2015

BEAUTY PHILOSOPHY: EXPERIMENT OR TRIED AND TRUE?

There are times when I'm scrolling my Instagram feed, in search of new things. New clothing brands, new restaurants, and new beauty products. It's inspiring to see what others use and to find out the reasons why, but there's also that idea that there's always something newer or better out there. Sometimes there is, and sometimes I shell out big bucks to try new items only to return back to basics. The decision is always made based on a few factors though, like whether or not I have the patience to source said new product, pay (what can sometimes be a lot of) money, and whether or not I need to hoard any additional product and allow it to collect dust.

For me, as a blogger, I'm always looking out for the latest and greatest, partially because I'm interested, and partially because I want to report back on it here. I have to say, though, that many of my now "tried and true" favorites have been discovered in this way. For instance, my now all-time favorite vanilla fragrance, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. Also of note, the cheaper and more hygeinic alternative to BT Baume de Rose, Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner, and Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere - that brilliant glow-giver.

What's your beauty philosophy? Do you like to experiment constantly, or do you rely on your tried and true?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I like to experiment but I find that I always come back to my true blue's as well. Sometimes I fall for the gimmicky stuff but usually I tend to stick with what works. I mean if it ain't broke, why try to fix it...am I right? That said it doesn't mean that I don't have a few options of what works. I have a stash of stuff that I constantly rotate, and some products I mostly use in winter or summer.

    That said I understand & can appreciate the hunt. Surely as the world evolves so has the cosmetics/skincare industry. Currently I am having a love affair with my Clarisonic brush. I forgot how wonderful it was to skip make up completely due to the great skin I get thanks to the brush and a few skin care products.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig