by corinne iaia

October 13, 2015

MY FALL NECESSITIES


What I've truly been reaching for on a daily basis. Yes, I test many products on a regular basis (all in the name of research!), but here is what's made the "can't put it down" cut so far this season. The products that keep me reaching for them on a daily basis and help me keep my beauty game in check all week long.

For the face I've been loving a glowy, natural look. The littler foundation and makeup, the better my skin tends to look, so a base made up of the lightweight and glow-inducing Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense is essential. It's a lightweight, yet moisturizing and illuminating sunscreen, which is necessary for both everyday sun protection and anti-aging. My go-to base lately is the Givenchy Teint Couture Balm, which is somewhat of a skincare meets makeup hybrid product. It blurs imperfections while enhancing and preserving the skin's natural beauty by smoothing the texture with extended use. Surprisingly, the balm has a very fine and blendable texture that can be built up to the desired coverage by layering, but I find that one is perfect for smoothing out the skin tone and creating a healthy-looking base. For an added dose of glow, the Tata Harper Very Illuminating Highlight has been my first choice, as it's super subtle but powerful and healthy for the skin too. To cut down on any shine without the obvious look of a powder, the Tom Ford Transluscent Finishing Powder is my favorite. It gives a bit of a sheen without the shimmer and is so finely milled and silky that it's virtually undetectable on the skin.

For eyes I'm all about the easy way out, if I'm being honest. The Yves Saint Laurent Full Metal Shadow in #4 is perfect for creating a gilded lid that lasts all day and makes me look more awake. It's also so easy to apply it's almost ridiculous - fool proof! 

On the hair front, the Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo has been saving my hair in between washes. I'm guilty of washing my hair almost everyday and am trying to make a conscious effort to do so less, and this is the only dry shampoo that has been helping me. The dispensing method is nothing short of genius; it's a non-aerosol, so with a squeeze of the bottle a fine cloud of powder mists out and onto the crown. It smells amazing and actually absorbs oil, instead of adding another layer of product onto my hair like most dry shampoos do. You need this in your life. 

And this past month has blessed me (cough, cough) with a bad sinus infection and large workload, so the Tata Harper Love Potion has been a much needed treat. I love the herbal meets floral aroma and feel so calm and relaxed when wearing this...even if I'm really the total opposite. It also makes a beautiful all-natural perfume if you're super ingredient conscious - it smells amazing and is said to give you an overall aura of attractiveness as well. Who doesn't want that?

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig