by corinne iaia

January 06, 2016

FROM FLORENCE WITH LOVE

I hope you all had a lovely, relaxing, holiday break filled with good food, family, and fun. As you may know from following me on Instagram (@necessarynothings) I spent the past holiday week visiting Florence and the Tuscan countryside with my boyfriend. I know I've mentioned before that it's my favorite place to travel to, and having studied there during college I often get the urge to get back to the land of pasta, red wine, and gelato. So...that's exactly what I did to ring in the New Year in the best imaginable way.

Upon arrival in Florence, I played tour guide to my boyfriend who had never visited the city before. Of course, I had to take him to my favorite restaurants and sites (which you can read all about in my mini guide to the city, here) which gave me a chance to rediscover old favorites and new places alike. We climbed the Duomo, marveled at the frescoes in the many famed churches, and ate the most delicious gelato at Vivoli. We took in the city Italian style during our afternoons, stopping at enotecas in Oltrarno (meaning, beyond the river in Italian) for a glass of Chianti with the locals. 

One of my favorite places to take in the panoramic views of the city is at Piazzale Michelangelo and San Miniato al Monte - which can be reached by crossing the river and quite literally climbing to the top of the hills above Florence. It makes for quite a picnic spot and place to take in the surrounding Tuscan countryside at the same time you are staring off into the city. You even feel a bit less guilty enjoying said picnic and wine after climbing so many stairs. 

If you ever visit Florence, you can ensure a return trip by rubbing the nose of Il Porcellino at Mercato Nuovo - and a bit of added luck!

Wearing: Chloe Small Marcie bag, Tory Burch boots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig