by corinne iaia

January 18, 2016

GUERLAIN SPRING 2016

If there is one brand I know I will always love everything from, it's Guerlain. I've always been infatuated with their beautiful packaging, pearly pigments, and that dreamy scent. Not to mention, the brand is steeped in luxury and tradition and continuously introduce some of the most innovative products worthy of getting excited over. This particular collection is chock full of glow-inducing goodness, with two new additions to the beloved Météorites line, and is even peppered with a bit of the unexpected. Here are my thoughts on the pastel-hued spring offering, so you can judge for yourself how many precious dollars you'll be parting with at the Guerlain counter...

Guerlain Météorites Base - Perfect, almost translucent, skin is in right now and this primer will bring you as close to that look as possible. The hefty glass jar is filled with complexion correcting pearls of light in a fresh gel formula. Just one pump leaves my skin feeling smooth and matte, but looking dewy and radiant all day long.

Guerlain Météorites Voyage Powder Compact - Isn't it beautiful? This is the product that gave me butterflies when I first saw it. I am such a fan of the original Météorites formula and this illuminating powder is comprised of 5 shades of micro pearl pigment for the perfect on-the-go glow. The shimmer is subtle in this finely-milled powder and I love the overall incandescent effect it brings to the face; highlighting all of the right features and helping to fade and correct blemishes. The compact is pricey, yes, but it's heavy, beautifully made, and can be refilled when the powder is all gone (& trust me, it will be). Consider it the only powder you'll need this spring...

Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Smile Blush Duo - This blush duo really does put a smile on my face. The red case houses one soft pink shade and one true rose with a hint of ultra-fine shimmer that brightens the cheeks beautifully. I've been swirling both together, adding a dose of healthy color to my otherwise very pale complexion lately. I imagine this working even more beautifully when I have a bit of color come spring. Can't. wait.

Guerlain Ecrin 1 Couleur Enjoy Long-Lasting Eyeshadow - A pale, but warm golden shadow that adds a brightening sheen to the lids. The packaging is beautiful, but I do have many similar products in my stash, which makes this the 'leave it' of the collection in my opinion.

Guerlain Le Crayon Yeux Water Resistant Long-Lasting Kohl Liner - I wasn't expecting to be floored by yet another eyeliner, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The smooth gel formula glides on so easily, it makes drawing a non-wonky line cake. The color selection is wonderful as well, with pencils available in the classic black and brown, but also a beautifully wearable blue, purple, and olive (my personal favorite). Once you scribble this on it won't be going anywhere all day. Score.

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig