by corinne iaia

January 22, 2016

LAURA MERCIER CANDLEGLOW SOFT LUMINOUS FOUNDATION

When the words "glow" and "foundation" are combined in the same sentence the beauty world practically falls to their knees. When I first heard that Laura Mercier was launching a new foundation meant to mimic the effects of candlelight on the skin, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a bottle of the stuff. I'm sure I'm not alone there; this foundation promises an ultra-lightweight, medium coverage finish that gives a soft-focused glow to the skin in any light. Please tell me, what about that doesn't sound like the most perfect base ever? Here's how it lives up to its claims...

My first impression of the foundation was how natural it looks once blended into skin, and how close a match the shade Vanille is for my pale, wintry complexion. I found that this looks best when applied with fingers first and then finished off by bouncing around a damp BeautyBlender. It's thin in texture, but manages to look satin in finish and not matte, which often happens with more fluid bases. Once it's applied (after using the BeautyBlender), I can't actually feel the product on my skin and in terms of seeing the product, it's a "my complexion, but better" look, which is pretty fabulous. I love that it's not overly moisturizing, which is one thing I worry about whenever I hear the word "luminous" - in fact, it's perfect balance for my combination skin that tends to be slightly dry in winter. The base earns another bonus for the fact that it adds luminosity without any noticeable shimmer particles, even in broad daylight.

For me, this is pretty much a perfect everyday foundation. However, I would say the coverage is lacking a little; it's definitely more a light to medium coverage than a full-on medium. (Personally, I like that, because I touch up any imperfections with concealer later.) Basically, if you're looking to mask major blemishes, this isn't going to be your guy. But, if you're looking for something very skin-like in nature, that brightens the complexion without any shimmer, and feels like you're wearing nothing at all - this is for you. 

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig