by corinne iaia

January 25, 2016

MY CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE: MORNING EDITION

An overflowing skincare stash is something I'm quite acquainted with. I'm constantly trying new products for the sake of "the blog" and always in search of the next best thing. I was always asking myself if I could be getting better results from something else, but never giving the current products enough of a chance to actually work their magic. So, for the past few months I've restrained myself from straying from an actual routine and my skin has definitely reaped the benefits of that. I've wittled down both my morning and evening routines to the products that I feel are doing something good for my skin. Any products I'm unsure of in terms of their benefits have been passed on, put back into storage as backup, or gone straight into the trash. Of course, I have my additional products that I like to call the "skincare extras", but other than that I no longer feel the need to have 900 moisturizers (for masks on the other hand...I still like a good variety). Here's what's currently made the cut in my morning routine...

TO EXFOLIATE - In the morning I'll go right in with a gentle clay based exfoliator to get rid of any gunk that may have accumulated overnight. The Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser has been a staple in my routine for the past four months or so - I'm addicted to the instant glow that it leaves me with and the fresh (and natural!) smell that helps to wake me up like nothing else. It's also creamy and moisturizing so it never leaves me feeling dry. 

TO TREAT - A good serum is what I find to make the biggest difference in my routine. My skin loves Sunday Riley Good Genes, a lactic acid treatment that instantly increases circulation and therefore plumps any fine lines and adds a dewy feel to my skin. I'm halfway through my first bottle and the improvement in the overall tone and texture of my skin is undeniable. It's generally brighter, smoother, and more youthful. I've got another bottle on backup already - it's a "can't live without" product for sure.

TO MOISTURIZE - My combination skin is hard to please in the moisturizer department. I need moisture in some areas, and not in others - so a light, but nourishing product is what my skin demands. This Verso Day Cream is great because it plumps up my skin while helping to keep breakouts and fine lines at bay thanks to the Retinol 8 (eight times more effective than typical retinols) complex it contains. For eyes I tend to stick to creams during the day only, and I've been loving the fluid serum-like texture of the Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum. The cooling ceramic tip helps to depuff eyes and the formula sinks into my skin almost instantly, creating the perfect creaseless base for makeup.

TO PROTECT - During the day, I've been topping it all off with a pea sized dollop of the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen. I've become wary of the potential damage of sun exposure (though, my makeup usually includes SPF in some form) so adding this has been my good skincare deed. I've tried to stick to using them before, but only with this silky-smooth primer like potion have I been able to really do so. It even makes my makeup last longer and is a pleasure to apply.

What products do you use in your everyday skincare routine?

P.S. I've recently created my first ever YouTube video! I'd love for you to watch and subscribe to my channel - search Necessary Nothings or click here!

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig