by corinne iaia

February 01, 2016

LAURA MERCIER PARIS AFTER THE RAIN

With promises of perfect shadow pairings and creamy lipsticks you'd be smart to guess my lust for the Laura Mercier Paris After the Rain collection. There's just something about the name, the colors, and Laura's products in general that just scream...chic. Am I right? I must preface this by also saying that any palette that offers matching shimmers and mattes wins my vote as a must-have. 

Here's what Laura says to get you in the frame of mind for these muted, gorgeous colors..."The reflection of lights on cobblestone streets. The dance of colours on zinc rooftops. As duo-chromatic as sheet lightning, this spring collection of subdued, neutral matte shades changes colours when topped with special effect multi-chrome pearls. Imparting a veil of iriddescence like a subtle kaleidoscope. Faceted, dimensional. Capturing the light. Subtle yet edgy. Refined yet trendy. Matte meets a new textural transformation."

With that being said the Eye Colour Collection does have a certain je ne sais quoi in my opinion. This muted yet notice-me palette include 4 mattes and 4 chrome-pearl shadows. When paired together they create combinations such as a taupe-quartz, a nude-garnet, a sapphire-gray, and a chocolate- amber. I love the multi-faceted effect they have when layered..and they sparkle subtly but with true depth. The compact is matte, travel-friendly, and really does take the guesswork out of creating a thoughtful, but easy smokey eye look for day or night. I love, love, love the shades in the palette...finally something a bit different but still wearable and flattering on all skin tones. 

The Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalms have my name written all over them. I love a good bold matte, but when it comes to daily wear I'm all about the moisturizing formulas and neutral colors that give a my lips but better look. There are two limited edition shades offered in the collection; a muted peachy-nude named Rive Gauche, and a wearable berry named Rive Droite. Since it arrived I've barely been able to stop wearing Rive Gauche for its ability to make lips look more plump and juicy, thanks to the fine gold shimmer, and for how well it pairs with every makeup look in my repertoire. Ladies...run to the counter for this one - you won't want to miss it.

Overall, I'd say these offerings are must-haves for spring - or any time of the year, really - as they're so versatile and no unwearable shades take up any precious palette real-estate. Amazing, Laura!

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig