by corinne iaia

February 07, 2016

LIQUID LIPSTICK LOVE & TOP PICKS

It's obvious that lipstick is having its moment and it doesn't seem that it's going to end anytime soon. Personally, I'm okay with that. I love a good liquid lip...for the right occasion. They don't budge come off the inner portion of your mouth when eating and drinking - something I typically do when I'm wearing lipstick. But, with the popularity of the category on the rise so are the slew of releases, making it hard to find the formula that's right for you. Of course some are better than others, so I'm revealing my favorites to help weed out the not-so-greats for you. 

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - It's only right that the queen of ink would come out with one of the most culty liquid lipsticks out there. The color range is nothing short of spectacular, but it's their extreme matteness that leaves me in awe. Of course, lip prep is important here, but they do the job superbly well and never come off. I can apply these early in the morning and top up in the center only once and they will still be there when I go to remove my makeup. I'm itching to pick up some more colors...recommendations welcome.

Sephora Cream Lip Stain - Price-wise these are a good option. They're not going to break the bank (so you can go a little crazy in the color department) yet manage to pack a serious punch in terms of quality. They are thick, rich, creamy and easy to paint on in just one coat. I love the cupcake-like smell and the bright shades in the range are particularly good. Here's hoping they expand the nude color options sometime soon. Please, Sephora?

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - For those who worry about the dryness factor involved in matte lips these are one of the better formulas out there. Not to mention, they're priced at around $6 each. Go crazy. The name is right in the sense that they're softer and almost a bit whipped in texture, but they don't dry down quite as tightly so I reserve them for shorter-term wear. I do love the nude shades they offer - particularly Cannes, Milan, and Stockholm. 

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick - This is one of the first formulas I tried that got me into the stuff. Like the rest of their products, these were breakthrough formulas and definitely a more velvety-matte option. They are thin in texture and nice and compact in terms of packaging, but certain shades are a bit more drying than others. Nonetheless, I love these and the shade Riviera is still one of my favorite bold lip colors to date. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig