by corinne iaia

February 15, 2016

PACO RABANNE OLYMPĒA

It's no secret that I enjoy a good fragrance, and especially love having a wealth of scents at my disposal to change up during different seasons or moods. During the winter, however, there is a category of scent that I favor above all else. While I enjoy a good green, fresh, and even slightly fruity fragrance during the warmer months...the colder months are almost the exact opposite. I love warm, woody, floral, and creamy scents with a certain richness to them - they are much more 'notice me' scents. And after being recently introduced to Olympēa from Paco Rabanne,  (and although it falls under my "perfect winter scent" category) it's safe to say I've yet to discover something quite like it before. 

The fragrance is inspired by a modern day goddess whose personality is both commanding and seductive (not unlike Cleopatra) and comes housed in a hefty beautiful rose gold and glass bottle inspired by ancient greek architecture. Safe to say it's beautiful...

Top Notes: Green Mandarin, Ginger Lily, Hydroponic Jasmine

Middle Notes: Salted Vanilla

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Ambergris

The scent is undeniably sexy with a pleasing balance of both sweet and salty woody notes. It's a spin on a typical warm oriental scent that I can really appreciate. Upon first spritz you'll notice a bright and smooth burst of juicy green mandarin, which then seems to melt into the skin to settle into a salty vanilla accord which is, of course, fused with a spicy floral ginger lily and a fresh aquatic jasmine. It's an unexpected, yet deliciously seductive (thanks to the salted vanilla) and somewhat spicy floral that manages to maintain a certain freshness that most oriental fragrances lack. The lasting power of the scent is incredible, and by the end of the day I still catch myself sniffing my wrists...enjoying every bit of the lingering creamy and worn-in scent.

You can purchase this addictive scent here. What's your go-to fragrance of the moment?

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig