by corinne iaia

February 08, 2016

THE CONCEALER ROUNDUP

Oh, concealer. It's one of those products that never quite excites me, yet makes one of the biggest differences when it comes to results. Concealer can either make or break your look and I've certainly been around the block a few times - testing out practically whatever is out there. In recent months, or even the past year, I've become a bit more loyal to my concealers because I know how hard it is to find ones that really do the job. And while I do keep a fair few on hand at any given time, they all serve their purpose whether for texture, shade, or covering different skin woes. Here's what I'm currently workin' with...

Dior Diorskin Star Sculpting Brightening Concealer - A serum-like concealer that moisturizes the under eye area beautifully. It's thin consistency allows for beautiful blending and makes it ideal for layering under or overtop other concealers on days when maximum coverage is preferred. I personally find it works best for the under eye area, and around the nose to combat redness. For blemishes, it's okay but isn't as high coverage or dry as I'd like my coverage to be on those areas. But it makes up for that in the fact that it's virtually undetectable when pressed into the skin and great for brightenong.

Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer - A lightweight, gel-based concealer that lasts all day and offers a medium coverage that appears ultra natural on the skin. The shade 10 Beige Clair is my perfect shade, as it neutralizes undereye bags and covers blemishes in one - something I've long struggled to find in a concealer. It stays put on blemishes and doesn't crease under the eyes if blended properly. This is the one I'll bring with me if I'm traveling with limited space, as it does the work of concealing all of my problem areas with just a dab of the wand.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - I won't ramble too much here, but this concealer has been with me for quite some time now. It's safe to say that this is my fourth tube of the stuff and for good reason. It's a great (obviously creamy) consistency, and diffuses imperfections like magic without drying out the skin or settling into fine lines. I rely on this stuff to cover blemishes as it's quite a high coverage in terms of pigmentation and it doesn't budge for hours. I find it works well on dark circles as well, but sometimes I do need a bit of a peachier tone to counteract darkness as well.

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer - A newer addition to the concealer club, this one is part of a two-step concealing system from the brand aimed at covering dark circles. These concealers are offered in five corrective shades and five skin-toned concealing shades, but I find that the concealing shades offer enough of a peachy undertone to counteract darkness perfectly. I wouldn't recommend using these on blemishes, as I'm not sure they'd match (they don't on me) but they do work beautifully under the eyes and don't crease once they set. I like that the packaging disperses the perfect dot-sized amount - and just a little dab will do you here...preferably applied with fingers for a more natural finish.

Sephora Bright Future Color Correctors - These super lightweight, gel-based correctors can be used anywhere on the face to combat a number of concerns. The range offers a green to neutralize redness, yellow to combat dullness, pink for brightness, peach for brightness and evening, and a melon to brighten darker skin tones. The applicator deposits dot-like helpings of the product, which layer and blend beautifully with other concealers and atop foundation. I have been using the yellow and pink shades around my eyes, nose, and mouth to brighten my skin and correct any dullness and find they leave me needing less heavy concealer to fix issues. I recommend everyone try these!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig