by corinne iaia

February 16, 2016

THE NEW MATTES: GLOSSES & STAINS

For those of us sitting on the fence deciding whether or not the matte trend suits real-life beauty scenarios. Yes they're perfect for date nights - no more wondering if your half your red lip has disappeared onto the rim of your champagne glass - but what about for day? Sometimes, they can look a bit harsh (which is my one qualm with them) thanks to their drying nature. But not to worry, there's a new generation of less harsh mattes out there and they come in a much more moisture-inducing form...gloss.

I'm usually quite picky when it comes to glosses; I like them to make my lips look plumper, add moisture, and stickiness is a big no-no. Both the newly launched Infallible L'Oréal Pro Matte Gloss and the classic Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro tick all of the right boxes and really pack a punch in the pigment department.

The Armani Lip Maestro is a pillowy soft and creamy lip stain that really conditions my lips while I'm wearing it, which is why I love these. Better yet, the color selection is on point, and in terms of nudes, they have one for everyone. Here I'm wearing my personal favorite shade, 202. It's the perfect daily matte nude and it can be worn either in a more natural sheer way, or layered up for a bolder pout. Even after the initial product has worn off, they leave a beautiful natural stain that sticks around for quite some time.

The L'Oréal Pro Matte Gloss offers a similar texture to the Armani Lip Maestro but are less of a stain, and more of a thick and fully opaque creamy liquid lipstick. These still don't dry down, meaning they maintain the moisture factor and really look radiant and creamy on the lips. The brand offers quite a few bold options that cover lips completely in one swipe of the precise pointed applicator. I find they are much more flattering in comparison to your average drying liquid lipsticks, although they don't offer the same budge-proof finish...I guess you'll have to choose which factor you need more. It's definitely situational!

I appreciate the creamy textures of both of these lip products, and for shorter-term wear and daytime appropriate options I'd definitely reach for one of these offerings. Both products make my lips appear plumper and softer and I don't need to sacrifice on pigmentation...a win-win situation.

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig