by corinne iaia

February 24, 2016

THE SOMME INSTITUTE: MY REGIMEN EXPERIENCE

I'm so excited to share my thoughts on The Somme Institute skincare regimen with you. It's been quite a while in the making because I wanted to dedicate enough time to testing these products and really see the full effects they had on my skin. But mostly, I'm excited because these products have changed how I look at my skincare regimen...and it only took a few weeks of convincing!

The Somme Institute is a Five Step Regimen consisting of streamlined, but highly effective products and crucial steps to perfecting the skin, including Cleanse, Exfoliate, Treat, Nourish, and Protect. The reason that so few steps are needed in this process (technically 4, the 5th is a sun protection product) is because the brand's MDT5™Technology "allows highly engineered vitamins (A, B3, B5, C, and E) to penetrate deep within the skin to: 1) Significantly improve skin tone, texture, clarity, and appearance 2) Repair years of sun damage 3) Visibly lighten discoloration 4) Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and 5) Eliminate blemishes and prevent their occurrence."

Essentially, this one unfussy system can treat all skin types and most skin conditions. The brand also has 10 years of clinical trials under their belt and thousands of elated customers writing reviews, which is quite a feat in a world of ever changing skincare. I pushed aside my usual products (most of which change quite frequently anyway) to test out the system for myself. I'm pleased to say I stuck with the program (with the exception of my usual masks - but those are more skincare 'extras') and the products in the Mobile Travel Kit have lasted me two weeks yielding wonderful results. Overall, I love that the program takes the guesswork out of choosing products that will work for your skin. Here are my thoughts on each step of the program:

Nourishing Cleanser - This is a non-foaming and very gentle gel cleanser that is for daily use, both AM and PM. I always struggle to choose just one cleanser for both morning and evening (because MAKEUP) so I was a bit wary on how this would work as my only cleanser. I love how gentle and soothing it feels on my skin and it actually does a good job at basic makeup removal. I typically use my trusty micellar water to remove heavy duty eye makeup prior to going in with my cleanser, but after that, a thorough massage of this swept away most of what remained without leaving my skin tight or dry. I would suggest a separate makeup remover especially if you wear waterproof makeup, but overall this is a really great cleanser that leaves the skin perfectly balanced.

Transport Pads - I'll admit this was the step I was most excited about in the regimen. I have combination skin and in my experience chemical exfoliation is the most important and result-producing part of my routine. If I don't use something to help gently remove dead skin cells, I find my skin gets lazy and will get aggravated and congested. These pads contain a potent vitamin blend for brightness and clarity and AHA to chemically remove dead skin cells that can cause blemishes and blocked pores. Unlike many typical exfoliating pads, these did not leave my skin with that tight feeling at all, and instead, left it feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated after each use. Because of these pads I haven't had any breakouts and I feel my pores look much smaller. Big thumbs up from me!

Serum - This is a Vitamin C potent gel serum that really works at brightening the complexion. I'd say that this is a great product for someone with acne as well, as it really helps to calm any redness and inflammation in the skin...making it a great product to use prior to makeup application as well. Something else I notice when using this serum is that my skin feels much more plump, which is something I'm always looking for in a serum.

A-Bomb Moisturizer - This retexturizing, lightweight moisturizer has really given me back that bit of glow I was lacking mid-winter. It completely eliminates rough and dry patches, but never leaves a sticky or greasy film on the skin which is nothing short of a miracle for me. Finding a moisturizer that doesn't sacrifice on moisture or absorption has always been difficult for me, but I think I've found my perfect cream! It also contains a potent blend of vitamins, with a high concentration of Vitamin C to promote clarity and brightness...an added bonus.

Double Defense SPF 30+ - While a separate SPF (I usually get mine from my primer or foundation) is not something I typically use everyday I do like that one is included in this kit. If I were to be going makeup free or not using a foundation with added SPF, I think this one provides a really nice hit of protection without clogging my pores which is really important for me. My one tip for wear is if you have combination skin, skip A-Bomb when using this, as the added layer may be too much moisture for your skin!

Using the same products morning and night, without the fuss of added steps has been a really nice change for me...and I can tell my skin is happy with a more structured routine as well. I feel that my overall tone and texture has improved and I've seen fewer blemishes since I began using the products. I have admittedly used masks about twice-weekly as well, which is something I never cut from my routine (I use many different masks). To me the standouts in the routine and the products I think have made the most difference are the Transport Pads and A-Bomb, as together they leave my skin feeling clean, bright, and nourished.

Have you tried The Somme Institute yet?


*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig