by corinne iaia

March 10, 2016

3 BASE PRODUCTS TO TRY NOW

What is it about 2016 and base products? It seems - now more than ever - that it really is all about skin and creating the perfect base. That being said I've tested quite a few over the past few months, but have definitely been playing favorites with a few more recent acquisitions. Each of these complexion-perfecting products has earned a place on the very, very top of my shelves and for good reason. Here are the 3 base products you need to try now...

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint - I use the shade Finland. This is a creamy, imperfection diffusing base that gives a soft-focus, smooth finish. It contains SPF 30 and is oil-free - making it a perfect choice for humid and warmer climes, but it doesn't stop there. It's got a bit more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer - so I wouldn't say "tint" is the best word to describe it. I love how it's not drying at all and manages to sit perfectly in between dewy and matte (think Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, but slightly more sophisticated in formula). This has quickly risen to the top of my light-base ranks for it's pore-diminishing, velvety finish and medium coverage.

Givenchy Acti'Mine Color Correcting Primer - I use the shade 4 Acti Plum. Color correctors are all the rage currently and I now see why. While I've dabbled in a few shades prior to this (pinks, peaches, and yellows), I never thought I'd be prepping my base with a lavender-hued primer. Pale-skinned girls who are lacking radiance - listen up! This stuff corrects dullness with it's blue-tint like nobody's business and acts like a real-life instagram filter. You could even wear this alone if you are one of the lucky few that doesn't need much coverage. I love the extra bit of dewiness it gives my skin prior to makeup application, it extends wear-time, and I definitely find I need less actual foundation when I prep with this. Score.

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation - I use the shade 117/Y225. I'm definitely late to the party with this foundation, but boy am I glad I finally arrived. This is a reformulation of the old HD foundation that supports the advances in high definition cameras - meaning this stuff looks flawless no matter the angle, distance, or lighting. So, yes, this is free of SPF for photography purposes. The thin consistency means it's easy to layer on the skin to your desired coverage; one pump sinks into the skin for a second-skin finish, while two can create a more full-coverage. I'm absolutely in love with the silk-like finish that never feels drying or greasy. Even hours later, this stuff looks amazing. So, when Make Up For Ever says "invisible cover" they really mean it. When blended properly, I can't detect this product on my skin at all (even in direct sunlight) and I must say that this shade in particular is probably the closest any base has ever come to my natural skin tone. Maybe they should rename this to HG Foundation? Just sayin'...

P.S. - Don't forget to enter my giveaway while you still can! Just follow my instagram @necessarynothings, follow @anticafarmacista, and subscribe to my YouTube channel here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig