by corinne iaia

March 15, 2016

MY BEAUTY PACKING SOLUTION & TIPS

I've spoken a few times about how it is I pack my beauty products for a travel, so if you're looking for serious carry-on inspiration and a checklist to march - here it is. While this time I'm not going the difficult route of carrying on my luggage, I've also spoken about mastering the art of squeezing all of your beauty items into a carry-on here. I'm revisiting the subject to give you a few tips on how to best pack your beauty items, and of course leave yourself stress-free so that you can enjoy your travels...

Don't Overpack Your Carryon - Unless you're on one seriously long haul flight, try to stay as minimal as you can with products. I've shown you what products I take with me on flights typically and those all fit into one very small purse-friendly makeup bag. The rest of my products get packed into my checked bags. Just make sure that you have the essentials with you in case your bags were to be delayed at the other end. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience here and one very expensive shopping trip later to restock my essentials. Ugh.

Find the Right Makeup Bag - The right makeup bag makes all the difference. My OCD side unfortunately prevents me from tossing all of my products into a bag, zipping it up and heading off. I need more organization and compartmentalization. I have a few favorites, but Sonia Kashuk (available at Target) has a wonderful selection of makeup bags that make organizing your products easier than ever. Here I am using The Weekender - I love that it contains so many compartments and detachable clear bags that make it easy to keep some products with you and store the rest away if necessary. Another thing that's amazing about these is that they all have a safe place to store your makeup brushes so that they aren't prone to bending or ripping off. Amazing...

Bring Disposable Products & Sample Sizes - Wherever possible of course. Sachets and minis mean that you'll leave your destination and head home with a much lighter makeup stash (unless you're doing some international beauty hauling). Easy enough, right?

Bring Multi-Use Products - This may seem like the most obvious piece of advice you could get, but it really makes all the difference. Blushes that can double as lip stains or vice versa, and eyeshadows that can be used as highlighters make life so much easier when you're on the go. It also helps you save precious space for - say - bringing that extra nude lipstick because it is, in fact, different from all the other ones you're bringing. ;)

What are the tips you rely on for packing your beauty essentials?

*pr samples available.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig