by corinne iaia

March 03, 2016

TOM FORD'S PERFECT SPRING PALETTES

It's not like I need to tell you how amazing Tom Ford palettes are - but these new spring launches are particularly swoon-worthy. I have used practically nothing else since their induction into my stash and for good reason. They lay the groundwork for a beautiful wash of color reminiscent of watercolor paints, and they add the perfect touch of the unexpected to any look without going overboard. 

Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Disco Dust - More the daytime choice of the two here, this palette is a mix of medium-tone neutral shades that lean toward the warmer end of the spectrum. The light taupe-brown in the upper left hand corner gives a beautiful almost wet effect to the eyes and a glimmery wash of color that lasts well throughout the day. But to me, the standout shade here is the warm coppery pink shade in the bottom left corner. It's easily the butteriest of the palette, but worn alone (or with a bit of the warm matte shade dusted into the crease) it lends a beautiful, fresh look to the lids that screams "I'm ready for spring."

Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Honeymoon - This palette is such a standout to me - even in my rather large collection. It consists of four warm, pinky shades with a frosted metallic finish that give the most amazing color payoff of all the Tom Ford palettes I own. What makes this even more special is that this texture shadow is meant to be used both wet (for more impact) or dry (for a more sheer wash of color) for varying levels of impact. I love the romantic rose gold shade in the upper right corner and the plum shade is a new favorite of mine for smoking things up come evening. I've used the palette in a recent video, so if you'd like to see it in action check it out here

What are your thoughts on the new Tom Ford spring palettes?

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig