by corinne iaia

April 19, 2016

THE NEUTRAL SPRING LIP KIT

I've been quite a lip loyalist lately, constantly reaching for the same few products nonstop. While I feel guilty leaving the rest of the stash out to dry (maybe, quite literally), there are a few here in my lip kit (mine, not Kylie's) that I have fallen absolutely in love with. And, now that the weather is perking up and my lips aren't as dry, I can actually wear lip products without my lips peeling off. If you can't already tell, there's also a bit of a theme developing in the color department. I'm loving my softer nudes and pinks, and these ones especially...

Glossier Generation G in Like - A pretty rose hue that looks like a matte stain and feels like a balm. Glossier does a pretty good job of describing the way it looks on the lips..."popsicle stain." 

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 500 - This is the perfect matte for those who hate the texture of typical matte liquid lipsticks. It feels moisturizing and almost mousse-like, and the color is a dusty peach/pink that instantly brightens up my complexion. 

Lanolips Banana Balm Lip Sheen - If you like banana-scented anything, you need this balm. It's rich and has just the right amount of shine and micro-shimmer. It's lip enhancing in all the best ways, and better yet - you don't need to dip your finger in a pot to get to it. Addicted

Tom Ford Ultra-Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me - I spoke about this in my Tom Ford demo video, but it's probably my favorite lip release of the season. I'm obsessed with the soft, lip-flattering nude shade that sits perfectly in between brown and pink - is it brink? Any way you slice it, this is one I may require backup(s) of. 

Nars Lip Cover in Overheated - This one's hard to pin down - but in a good way. The color itself is more mauve-brown than anything else, which makes it very of-the-moment. It has a rich color-payoff and feels like a more moisturizing version of a liquid lipstick. A really unique one that I love...

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk - I know - am I ever not obsessed with this? I will spare you details, but just know - if you haven't tried this perfect pinky nude liner yet - get on it!

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita - The liquid lipstick that launched a thousand dupes, this is the OG browny nude version that everyone needs in their lives. I love this one at night, paired with a brown smokey eye and rose-hued blush. I've yet to see someone who it doesn't suit.

Dior Addict Lip Glow in Lilac - I am proud to say I actually finished an entire tube of the original pink Lip Glow. Now, this shade, is even better in my opinion. The shade becomes more of a muted pink than the original, more dusty and I can't help but think that the subtle blue undertone also gives the illusion of whiter teeth. Balmy, glowy-lip goodness...

*pr samples included.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig