by corinne iaia

April 05, 2016

THIS WEEK IN BEAUTY

This week I'm finding myself falling into somewhat of a routine if only to give myself more time to use elsewhere. Of course, the items pictured are not the only products I've been swatching, testing, trying, and researching (with the aim of reporting my thoughts, of course) but they are the failsafes - standouts, if you will, of the past week. Some old go-to's and some new...

On the base front it's been all about a slapdash application and right now I'm loving the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint for exactly that. It can be smoothly applied with fingers and blended into a perfect soft-focus and lightweight coverage. I love how it sits on my skin when I blend it in with fingers, and especially when I use a bit of a skincare oil at the end of my morning routine - it gives it an extra bit of glow that makes it really stand out. 

For a bit of extra coverage and to cover dark circles in a single swipe - the Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer. It has a rich, creamy consistency that also never settles into fine lines or sits on top of skin. I love how well it blends into seemingly whatever it goes over top of. For a bit of color and glow atop cheekbones and forehead, I've been reaching for the Tom Ford Cream Cheek Color in Pieno Sole. You all know about my undying love for the same product in the color Pink Sand - now they've introduced a golden bronze version and I can confirm it's love with this one as well. 

For lips I've been unapologetically devoted to my Lano Banana Balm Lip Sheen 3-in-1. It's helped ready my winter-parched lips for all of the bright spring colors being introduced lately, while managing to smell like my favorite candy. I love the rich, buttery texture and that it makes an awesome base for lipstick application. I let it sink in a bit and then apply my Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria. You've heard its praises sung time and time again but for good reason; the shade is the perfect mixture of not too brown and not too pink and the formula will transform how you previously felt about matte lipsticks. 

In terms of body products - you know how I love my oils. But this week I've adopted a new product into my routine that comes from an über-cool apothecary shope - Mills Pharmacy and Apothecary. Their site has a great curation of products - and better yet, you're bound to discover brands you never knew you needed. This lightweight body lotion from Alvarez Gomez has quickly become a new favorite. It's both light, yet rich and has the perfect light fragrance for the spring months (albeit, we're never going to have spring weather at this rate). I love how it sinks in immediately but the slightly masculine citrus fragrance lingers all day. Don't forget to check out Mills Pharmacy's selection of products (from bath to body and more...) here

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig