by corinne iaia

May 02, 2016

THE PERFECT SPRING CANDLES

I have always had a thing for candles, but there's just something about uniquely scented candles that set my heart a flutter. While it's easy to choose a beautifully packaged candle, it's not so easy to choose one that has great throw and smells as beautiful as it looks. I have rounded up a few tried and true favorites if you're looking for a splurge to scent your home for spring. They're fresh, look beautiful, and will fill your entire space with delicious fragrances that will transport you elsewhere without even having to leave...

Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lazy Sunday Morning - This is such a feel good scent. I love it in the perfume form, so it's no surprise that this candle is also a favorite. Although it really does embody that Sunday feeling, it's perfect for a daily burn because who doesn't want every day to smell of fresh laundry, a clean home, and just-cut flowers? The throw is incredible and it has a clean, airy, and fresh scent that will make it even harder to leave come Monday morning...

Maison Martin Margiela Replica Beach Walk - Think of this as your holiday right at home. It has an addictive scent reminiscent of warm sand, salty waves crashing on shore, coconuts, and skin warmed by the sun. It's perfect for this time of the year as it provides a cozy, but fresh and summery fragrance that makes me feel as though I'm laying on the beach somewhere far from here. Just what the doctor ordered.

Cire Trudon Josephine - I remember back when I was getting really into fragrances, and I spotted one of these candles in Saks Fifth Avenue. I fell in love with the sturdy handblown glass jar and the beautiful Cire Trudon crest on the front. I knew they were special and to date this is my favorite from the brand for the warmer months. When burned the floral scent fills the entire house, so much so that you can detect each note like you could in a dew-covered garden early in the morning. Think...notes of bergamot, lime, rose, jasmine, iris, and sandalwood.

Diptyque Baies - Diptyque has achieved a cult-status with this candle. It's a sure bet if you're particular about fragrance, because it warms any space with the smell of roses and blackcurrant leaves. It's not your average rose, but much fruitier and greener than any other I've smelled and I love how realistic it is. It's clean and bright and will have guests asking what smells so amazing. Trust me...

Astier de Villatte Commune de Paris - Astier de Villatte is a beautiful french pottery brand that has done an equally wonderful job creating covetable candles and scents. This one is my favorite, with notes of lemon, bergamot, geranium, nutmeg, resin, and fresh green almonds. It has a light, fresh scent with a hint of spice and is the perfect soft and cozy fragrance for those who don't like anything too invasive. It reminds me of an open air apartment from which you can catch the subtle scents of the European garden from down below.

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig