by corinne iaia

May 30, 2016

THE SPRING/SUMMER NAIL POLISH EDIT

I'm finally back into doing my nails, after going on a bit of what I'm calling a nail "hiatus". Needless to say they had looked better and once I sat down and took the time to really get them back in line I was back at it oohing and ahhing over pretty spring shades. I've got a few old favorites and a few new; I've recently fallen in love with the formula of the Smith & Cult nail polishes for their long wear and opacity in just two coats. Here are my current go-to shades...

Smith & Cult Nail Polish in The Graduate - I love this color. It's the perfect latte hued taupe that I reach for whenever I want my nails to look clean, but not stand out. It's great for spring and summer as I feel it would look gorgeous with a bit of a tan, but I know I'll be wearing it year-round.

Smith & Cult Nail Polish in City of Compton - I don't usually gravitate toward these types of pinks, but this one is unique in that is's opaque and somewhat retro. It has a cool bubble gum pink hue that works as an accessory to an otherwise neutral ensemble. 

Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Subnormal - A pale "is it gray, is it blue" cream that is pastel enough to be considered a neutral. I can't quite compare it to anything else I own, but it's almost like a bright but stormy sky and I love it.

Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Bitter Buddhist - This is the one that got me into the brand first. It's a muted, minimalist take on mint that I think looks good on everyone. It's perfect for the warmer months but I'd even wear this year round, as it's the chicest pastel green I've yet to come across.

Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in Sweet Cheeks - This is a pretty pastel violet that is almost a more purple based (pastel) version of the City of Compton. 

Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in On the Ropes - I love this dreamy coral as it has a white base that makes it really pop. It looks especially beautiful paired with dainty gold jewelry.

Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in Love Letter - It's like an update on a classic, an uber wearable and not overly girly peachy pink. It's one of my go-to's for when I want a bit of a feminine touch.

Essie Nail Lacquer in Lilacism - A creamy pastel lilac that always makes my hands look elongated and more feminine. I find it ultra flattering and as far as wearing color goes, it's pretty neutral in that it has a white base. It's a modern classic.

Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Scarlet Chinois - I'm not usually a classic red nail polish fan, but this fiery orange-red paints on beautifully and looks amazing on toes with a pair of strappy sandals. If you've got a summer event to attend, try this one.

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig