by corinne iaia

May 16, 2016

URBAN DECAY VICE LIPSTICK

The new Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks are one of the most anticipated lip launches of the year. The brand has created an extensive lipstick wardrobe; offering 6 finishes (Cream, Comfort Matte, Sheer, Mega Matte, Metallized, and Sheer Shimmer), a whopping 100 shades, and newly coordinated 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils. Basically, no matter the color family, texture, and finish you prefer you are bound to find something in the collection that you'll love. True to Urban Decay style, there are of course some wildly unique shades included in this collection, but also some really beautiful nudes that aren't repeats of others in my collection. Here are my thoughts and favorites so far (FYI - I tried 10 lipsticks and 9 liners)...

My Favorite Bolds - In the top photo, I'm wearing my favorite bold shade out of the ten lipsticks I tried. It's called Menace and the finish is Comfort Matte. I love the rich, moisturizing feel of the lipstick and how the blue undertones in this magenta hue brighten up my skin tone. The other shade I love is 714 with a Mega Matte finish, making it perfect for evening wear. It's a true red with a seriously long lasting finish and it's one I believe will be a favorite (bold) among the collection for those who love a classic red. I wore this one out one night and was amazed at how little touching up I needed...even through my fair share of vodka sodas. 

My Favorite Textures - Without a doubt my favorite textures are the Cream finish and the Comfort Matte Finish. I am always a fan of a creamy lipstick that hugs the lips in all the right places, as they tend to be a bit more forgiving than their super drying counterparts. That being said, when I go bold, I do prefer that the texture be more on the matte side. In my opinion, this is the way that the color looks chicest and most flattering, but it can be hard to find a matte finish that doesn't dry out the lips and make them look smaller or imperfect. The Comfort Matte finish in this line is the perfect in-between as it's slightly more forgiving and moisturizing without making the lips feel tight or dry. I'm a huge fan already and can tell that the Vice lipsticks will become a new go-to for trying bold shades.

My Favorite Nude - Naked, a Cream Finish (wearing it the middle photos) has quickly become one of my most used lipsticks for daytime wear. It's a creamy nude that's the perfect balance between matte and shiny (I like it best once it's patted onto the lips) and it perks things up complexion wise with just the right amount of pink. The finish is enhancing and I get a good 3 hours of wear time before it starts fading - which to me, is great for a lipstick that also hydrates. 

Liner Talk - Right away I had a feeling that I was going to fall for these liners. I have an oddly shaped Cupid's bow that requires me to sketch out the shape prior to applying a bold color and the array of shades on offer make it so easy to find one that corresponds nicely. I also liken the texture to that of the eye liners - they glide so smoothly and offer a budge-proof finish once set, but aren't at all drying and don't settle into lines or bleed. If I had to compare them to any of the finishes of the Vice Lipsticks I would say that they fall close to that of the Comfort Mattes. 

I have a really good feeling these will be a big-time crowd pleaser. The huge shade selection, the beautiful array of finishes, the liners...oh, and the reasonable price tag ($17 for .11 oz) will have lipstick hoarders wanting to collect them all. Having seen the massive swatch post on Temptalia, I feel like this will become my new go-to range when I'm looking for a particular shade of lipstick. I'm already addicted to Naked,  Backtalk, Firebird, and 714. What shades do you have your eye on?

Shop Urban Decay here. Vice Lipsticks available in June - have your wallets ready...

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig