by corinne iaia

June 30, 2016

A NEW FRAGRANCE LOVE

I've found a new scent - Chloe Eau de Parfum - and I just cant get enough of it lately. It's been quite awhile since I've discovered a new-to-me fragrance that I can really imagine myself wearing for years to come. I'm someone who likes to keep quite an array of fragrances on hand to change up depending on my mood. I guess you could even say that I have a real collection of the stuff; there's something about the pretty bottles and whimsical stories behind them that pulls me in. Is it the escapist in me? Who knows. But, in the past and despite my ever-growing collection, I've loyally used and repurchased a few. There's still something comforting about being able to go back to a time or place with a spritz...

Those scents include Byredo Gypsy Water, a heady yet ethereal one that reminds me of my most recent years - it's what I like to call my "adult" fragrance. Before that, I was head-over-heels for Balenciaga Florabotanica, which I still love and it's also my mom's scent of choice; it's very comforting to me. I still have a weak spot for Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi, as I'm a fan of fig-based scents and I bought my first bottle in Positano when I was only a teenager, so there's memories backing it. I've also always been partial to Jo Malone French Lime Blossom, as it was my first ever from the brand and has a unique bright floral aroma that's hard to duplicate. Lately, I love Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lazy Sunday Morning, a scent that smells of cozy clean skin and bed linens. I could ramble on forever, but you get the idea.

A month ago or so, I tossed a few sample perfumes into my handbag for on-the-go touch ups...one of which happened to be Chloe EDP. Admittedly, I didn't expect much more than an overpowering, most likely matronly floral...but what I found was a new fragrance love. It's fresh, feminine, comforting, and sexy all at the same time and I feel as though I've been wearing it for years already. It's definitely become one of those I gravitate toward when I don't want to think about what I'm going to wear...like a classic black t-shirt and perfect-fit denim. 

Notes: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.

It's a fresh floral that's comfortable to wear thanks to bright opening notes of peony and lychee, and it settles down to a smooth, skin-like rose and amber combination that smells clean and just the right amount of sexy. For me, this is definitely an addictive scent...I just cant stop spritzing.

Have you tried this fragrance before?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig