by corinne iaia

June 07, 2016

ALL-IN-ONE PALETTE LOVING

When I'm looking to pack my makeup bag, whether it be for a weekend away, day-long event or a long-haul trip, I've learned palettes are the way to go. Since I'm not one to forgo options, (even though I desperately wish I were more minimalist) having multiple pans of product crammed into one notebook sized case is definitely the way to go. When I went to pack for my current trip (follow me on instagram @necessarynothings to keep up) I dug around my palette stash and came across some real good ones that I know could see me through pretty much any face occasion that could arise. Need blush? Covered. Setting powder? Check. A pop of creamy color and bronzer to match? Got you. Read on to find out which ones I love...

The Soup to Nuts Option - If you want to really downsize and are a fan of the cushion compact foundation formulas, this option is for you. The Too Cool For School Dinoplatz La Ola 4-in-1 contains 4 creamy products in one teeny, very compact case that would be perfect for the minimalist traveler, or for that daily makeup bag touch up. It has one bouncy, ├╝ber hydrating cream foundation formula, a pearly pink sheer highlighter, a dewy coral blush, and a concealer that I wouldn't rely soley on, but is ok for a touch up (of if you were blessed with no dark circles - I envy you). It's worth noting that in terms of the foundation there are two shades available, the coverage is sheer to medium but gives a nice fresh-skin glow. 

The Endless Powder Palettes - I can speak from experience when it comes to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, as I brought it with me on my last trip to Italy and never once felt as though I needed another powder product. I used Diffused Light as my setting powder, mixed with a bit of Dim Light, the Iridescent Strobe Light as my very subtle highlighter, Luminous Flush as my night time blush, Mood Exposure as my day time blush, and of course Luminous Bronze Light as my bronzer. The pans are hefty-sized and you know how in love with the formula of these powders I am - Hourglass does no wrong in my book. Another option worth a look if you're not into super radiant powders is the more muted Aerin Kaleidolight Palette for Face & Eyes. It's still beautiful, although I'm partial to Hourglass formulas, but this is nice because it covers your bronzer, blush, nude powder, and a purple shade that can either be used as a shadow or as a correcting powder when blended with the others. Another one I'm head over heels for is the By Terry Sun Designer Palette in Light and Tan Vibes, which I've gushed about here, so I'll save you the additional rave. But, if you don't read it, know that it would have you completely covered from bronzers to highlighters, blushes and everything in between. 

The Creamy Glow-Giving One - Ok, so welcome to more Hourglass deliciousness. This little number is something I have been loving because it has such beautifully blendable cream colors that I think would suit almost anyone from light to dark medium skin tones. The Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio contains beautifully natural and buildable cream formulas of blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I'm partial to the cream blush because the shade is just so on point, but the bronzer and highlight do create such a natural and dewy sculpted look. 

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig