by corinne iaia

June 27, 2016

BECCA X JACLYN HILL CHAMPAGNE COLLECTION FACE PALETTE

Over the past month or so, there's probably no other beauty release that has garnered more reviews and rants than the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette. So despite whether or not you're sick of hearing about it...you didn't think I was going to stand by and watch without throwing my hat into the ring, did you? I fell victim to the hype and clicked 'purchase' on this bad boy the second it came back into stock on Sephora, and let me tell you something - I couldn't be happier I did. Here's why this palette is amazing...

First off, I know what you're thinking. How could any of us beauty junkies possibly need any additional blushes and highlighters? Well, let that thought go now because this is another story. Have you ever seen the highlighter that Jaclyn Hill rocks on a daily basis? Yeah, that's Champagne Pop, which is of course, included in this palette. Until I picked this up, I mistakenly had no interest in trying the highlighter, as I thought it would show up too dark on my skin for my liking. I confess to being wrong here; this highlighter is absolutely incredible and hasn't left my cheekbone since I purchased it. It's a soft rose gold powder, obviously, but it has this way of melting into the skin and looking good on just about everyone. It's ultra smooth, incredibly pigmented (don't be overzealous with application!), doesn't unintentionally also highlight imperfections, and doesn't look cakey - which gets it a huge thumbs up from me. Yes, it's intense, which I admit I'm kind of all about at the moment, but it also can be done subtly enough to look like you're just #blessed if you use a light hand. I also love using the true-gold highlighter from the palette, Prosecco Pop, in conjunction with Champagne Pop for a more gleaming, gilded glow. Try saying that three times fast....

As far as the blushes go, I have been dipping (and double dipping) my brush into these pans nonstop. There are three shades; Rosé Spritz, a luminous blush in a peachy pink shade with gold glitter, Amaretto, a mineral blush done in a beautiful terracotta nude, and Pamplemousse, a mineral blush in a warm rose coral. These, like the highlighters, are extremely pigmented and I love how effortlessly they blend into the skin and how they work seamlessly with the highlighters. The shade Rosé Spritz reminds me of one of my all-time favorite blushes, Tom Ford Pink Sand, as it gives that radiance and flattering pink warmth to the face that I love. I also love using Amaretto as a base and to warm up my complexion, even when I don't want to wear an obvious blush - this one works in a similar way to a bronzer, but looks even more natural in my opinion. 

All in all, I have to say I'm more than happy with this palette. I had my doubts originally, but so far it's been one of the only palettes that I have in which I reach for every single shade and use it regularly. It's a great one to keep in your makeup bag, and definitely for travel as well thanks to the various options and huge mirror. If you can still get your hands on this - run, don't walk - but if not, I urge you to pick up the individual Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. Luckily, that has now become a part of the brand's permanent range. Jaclyn Hill - you rock.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig