by corinne iaia

June 21, 2016

MY CURRENT FAVORITE EYELINER LOOK IN 3 STEPS

Recently I've had a love/hate relationship with my favorite Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I love the damn thing (pardon my French), but I feel as though it's taking me longer than ever to perfect my wing and usually results in two larger-than-I'd-like lines that took me 25 minutes to do. I guess that's where the "never ask a girl with winged liner why she's late" saying comes from, huh? In an effort to lessen mistakes and total time wasted, I've managed to come up with a slightly cheater-method of doing my liner lately. I love the narrowed-eye effect that winged liner gives - that lifted, somewhat sultry, yet chic kitten like gaze - it's always been my favorite. I've managed to get into a routine here, and let me tell you...it couldn't be more fool-proof if you ask me. Here are the few steps you need to get yourself back those 20 minutes. 

1) LIQUID LINER MADE EASY - Using the liquid liner pen, start at the outer third and press the liner down in an upward and outward shape. Before winging the tail too far out, trace underneath the outer third of your eye, dragging the pen upward to form a triangle shape, meeting the top line. See, instead of dealing with your usual lining troubles, this has created a form-fitting shape for you without you having to figure out how to be precise - let the liner tip be your guide and stencil here. Then you can go ahead and shade in the line as close to your lashes as possible on all sides, and once finished...extend the end of the line a bit into a tail so that your flick is more precise.

2) EXTRA DEFINITION - What makes this such an easy liner method is that you could either finish the look there, or add a bit more definition. The ways that I like to do this are by using a neutral shadow and adding some socket definition, using a vanilla shade as an inner corner highlight, and then matte black to smoke the liner out and add some extra longevity to what's already there. VoilĂ !

3) FINISHING TOUCHES - Nows the time to clean up your bottom water line and brighten things up a bit. I like to use a nude eyeliner and draw it onto the bottom water line, and I find it helps things look just that much crisper. Use your favorite mascara to apply as you usually would, and then focus the wand on the outer edges for a bit more intensity at the outer corners. I love the cat-like lifted look this helps give to the eyes.

This eye look is so easy, literally goes with anything and everything, and the best part is it can be super precise and clean, or messier depending on how you want the look and how much time you have. The look I've created in the above photo took me no more than 7 minutes (yes, I timed it) and lasted me all day. 

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig