by corinne iaia

June 22, 2016

NUDE SPECTRUM

Nude lips couldn't be having more of a moment right now, and I'm certainly okay with that. Specifically, browny-nudes of the tawny or mauve variety. As much as I'm a fan, it definitely takes a bit of finesse when it comes to wearing these tones the right way. I have tried so many shades that looked made me look as though the life had been drained right out of my skin, or like my lips had shriveled up and I had gone hypothermic. It goes without saying, that's not the look we're going for here. I finally found (through trial and major error) a few go-to nudes that work for different occasions and purposes, and now I can properly nail that 90's trend. 

Tom Ford Lip Color in Sable Smoke - The lightest shade of my roundup, and the most peachy pale nude of the bunch. This one is the easiest to wear and has that somewhat Brigitte Bardot effect, but isn't as concealer like in tone, which is more than fine by me. And - as you know if you've tried Tom Ford Lipsticks they're easily the creamiest, most comfortable to wear...so enjoy.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow - This is probably the hardest to wear of the bunch (because liquid lipsticks tend to be more drying), but I love it nonetheless. This is that beige brown-nude that goes on looking a bit light, and then dries down to a medium tone. If you're going for the true 90's lip look and want something that leans more on the taupey brown side than nude, this one is for you. It lasts insanely long, and I always prefer Kat Von D's liquid lipstick formula to any others I've tried. However, since it's still super-matte and a tad drying, I find it looks best paired with a mostly matte makeup look and a touch of highlighter on the cheekbones.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper - This is the perfect, dusty, rosy, mauve hue with a satin finish. It's definitely not pale in tone, it has some seriously rich pigment to it, which I love. However, if you're looking for a cool-toned mauve, this one isn't going to strike your fancy - it's undoubtedly on the warmer end of the spectrum. I love that this one wears well for hours without needing to be reapplied, and I love wearing it with a golden eye look and mauve blush for a modern, chic look.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Velvet Teddy - To me, this is the perfect in-between lipstick. It has just the right amount of a peachy pink hue, so that it doesn't look too heavy or drag you down. I love that it tends to work on most people - and not only that - it looks different on them all too. On me it's a peachy-pink terracotta, done in a perfect creamy matte texture that doesn't deflate my lips...and better yet, doesn't require a lip liner. It somehow manages to sit right in the middle of warm and cool - mostly, it's a neutral and makes for a great starter lipstick for those looking to dive into the world of more intense browny nudes. I personally find it to be more flattering than the full-on brown shades...in fact, I've only picked it up recently and haven't been able to stop wearing it since.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig