by corinne iaia

June 14, 2016

THE MAKEUP PRODUCTS I BROUGHT TO SPAIN

Now that I'm back on US soil again I thought it would be the perfect time to give you the low-down on what I brought with me beauty-wise on my trip. I've done similar posts to this one in the past and always find that it works best after I've gotten back home - that way I can tell you how each product performed and what I feel I could've done without. Packing, especially in the warmer months, can be a bit of a challenge for the beauty obsessed (guilty!) and hopefully, this post will make narrowing it down just that much easier...enjoy and bon voyage if you're jetting off somewhere exciting soon! 

FOR BASE - I brought along my recent favorite MAC Strobe Cream, as they make it in a 1 oz. tube perfect for travel. I love this one for an all-over glow because you truly never have to worry about overdoing it, and it dries down in a similar sense to a lightweight moisturizer, which I love. For foundations, I stuck to the one for day, one for night rule. For day it was all about the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation, which ended up being truly perfect for a light to medium coverage and über breathable base. I love how, even in the heat, this one didn't settle into pores and fine lines and always manages to look like skin. For a fuller-coverage evening base I used the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation, which I typically love using at home, but I found it to stay a bit tacky-feeling in such hot weather. It was nothing my Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder couldn't fix, but it's definitely something to note if you have super oily skin. For concealer, I brought along my Bareminerals Bareskin Concealer, which I've also been loving using at home recently. It never creased under my eyes in the warm weather, but I did find that since it's so highly moisturizing (it's serum based) it did slide a bit on blemishes and was a bit too easily absorbed into my sun-parched skin for my liking. 

FOR CHEEKS - I'll admit I was somewhat proud that I managed to pack only two products - okay, two palettes in this department. But hear me out. Within only two slim palettes I was able to bring with me a multitude of cheek, bronzer, and highlighter products without having to pack an additional suitcase. See? Pretty great. I've raved and rambled on about both of these palettes before, so I'll keep it short and sweet. The By Terry Sun Designer Palette gives you 6 beautifully blendable powder options; 1 true bronze, 1 taupe pink, 1 nude, 1 pale pink highlight, 1 sand highlight, 1 rose gold blush. This was what I reached for most of the time, just because I used a setting powder and I find powders go best atop powder, but they worked like a dream and I had more options here than I could've needed. The Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio proved useful as well. When I needed a quick freshen up - especially for day time - I went without setting powder and just tapped the creamy blush onto my cheeks, and swiped the tan shade in the hollows of my cheeks for a bit of contour. But the true star of the show in this palette was the highlighter - it's glowy champagney goodness with the perfect creamy, yet silky texture sans chunky glitter. In love.

FOR EYES - Kudos if you've read this far, we're almost there! I brought the MAC Eyeshadow Palette x 9 in the shade Amber x 9, which proved extremely useful and had just about every neutral shade I needed for basic looks. I was really impressed that the formula of the smaller pans stayed true to the original, larger pans and loved how they lasted in the heat as well without any fallout. Of course, I had to bring a few cream shadow options - you know, the swipe-n'-go types - so along came a few trusted favorites like the By Terry Ombre Blackstar  in Ombre Mercure (see it in action in my 'get ready with me: Mallorca edition' video here) and the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize in Mona Lisa. For brows I've been loving the Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil because of the fine tip and how it requires no dragging to create hair-like strokes. For liners, I brought the standard Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and some colored liners (color? who me?) in the form of the Lancôme Drama-Liqui Pencil in the shade Parisian Night and Embrase. Oh...and the Lancôme Hypnose Drama Mascara came along for some major lashes.

FOR LIPS - I took along two nudes; Tom Ford Lipstick in Revolve Around Me and Bite Beauty Amouse Buche in Pepper, of which I could've done with just one (TF all the way). And if I had a re-do, I'd leave behind my Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Iberico, as it was just too damn hot to be bothering with such an intense lip color. I also brought my new addiction; Smith & Cult The Tainted Lip Stain in Sweet Suite for everyday moisture and a bit of peachy color. For a punchier color option without the worry of a matte lipstick, I brought my Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Sheer in 400, a gorgeous sheer red that looks like you've just eaten a cherry popsicle in the best way possible. As for liners, I brought the best do-it-all nude - It Cosmetics YLBB Lip Liner in Blushing Nude. It's also amazing because it's waterproof, so your perfectly ovedrawn pout stays so even while you swim. What's not to love?

Overall, I thought I packed a really great variety of products into one reasonable sized makeup bag, thanks to the handy palettes. I could've done without a few of the lip options and I would have changed out the concealer and the Chanel Les Beiges Foundation for my trusty satin-matte Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation if I had known the former wouldn't dry down as well in humidity. All in all, I was happy and nothing leaked, broke, or cracked - another bonus! What makeup do you pack with you when you travel?

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig