by corinne iaia

June 01, 2016

TRAVEL-SIZED BEAUTY PRODUCTS: WHERE I BUY THEM & MY FAVORITE SETS

Travel sized beauty products are nothing short of mini-miracles when it comes time to packing your bags. I don't like to forgo my usual routine just because of the ridiculous TSA restrictions - who doesn't want to look their best while snapping photos at their destination? I've talked about how I've fit my products in a carry-on friendly bag before (click here for the post) and you can find other helpful hints and checklists in the travel section of my blog. To make life, and travel easier, now I'm rounding up my favorite ready-made travel kits and my favorite places to stock up on all things travel sized beauty. The way I see it is, keeping these on hand makes packing a breeze and keeps you glowing on-the-go. Get ready to have a full shopping cart...

Omorovicza Mix & Match Travel Kit - You know why I love Omorovicza already, so I'd never want to leave home without my favorites. I'm really into this particular kit because it allows you to customize your travel set by choosing the 3 products you want. You know, so many kits contain products you don't want and are missing the ones that you do. I like the idea of this (I know where I'll be stocking up on skincare for trips) as much as I love the formulas of the products themselves. Of course, the Queen of Hungary Mist is a must-bring as it does the job of toner, in-flight hydrator, and makeup refresher and the Copper Peel brightens and renews the complexion when it's tired from travel. I also love the super nourishing, buttery smooth Rejuvenating Night Cream, as I know when I slap this on before bed I'll be waking up with a moisturized, more even-toned complexion. Exactly what I need to be able to go makeup free on the beach...

Rahua Jet Setter Kit - Forgo the harsh, chemical-laden hotel shampoo and keep strands shiny when you get to your destination. I've been using the Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner regularly, so this kit was an obvious must-pack for me. It contains one 2 ounce pair of Rahua's classic Shampoo and Conditioner, and one pair of the Voluminous Shampoo and Conditioner, which pretty will see you through your trip with ease. I am excited to test the Voluminous version while away, seeing as my hair always tends to fall flat while traveling, but better yet the uplifting scent of palo santo and Rahua oil will help lift jetlagged spirits. 

Diptyque The Art of Face Care Travel Kit - If you're a fan of Diptyque's products, and relaxing scents you'll find it hard to stay away from this kit. It does a nice job of streamlining your skincare routine for you, although I find I still need to take a regular cleanser and a nighttime moisturizer. It's a nice way to test what Diptyque has to offer in their skincare range and I find I'm a fan of the Infused Facial Water (by now you know how I feel about mists and toners, especially when traveling) and the Protective Moisturizing Lotion is the perfect lightweight lotion for the day, as it sits beautifully under makeup and contains SPF. It also like that the Multi-Use Exfoliating Clay and the Nourishing Cleansing Balm are multi-purpose (cleansers or masks) and they're fun to bring along so that you can turn your hotel bathroom into a spa. Glass of wine unfortunately not included... 

Diptyque The Art of Body Care Travel Kit - Much like the face set, this is a really nice way to feel just that bit more self-indulgent while on vacation. I think this set is even better curated than the face kit, though, because it contains all the body products you could need in one set. It contains deliciously scented, but not overpowering body perfecting products including the Smoothing Body Polish (1.7 oz.), Revitalizing Body Gel (1.7 oz.), Fresh Lotion for the Body (1.7 oz.), and Luxurious Hand Balm (1 oz.)

Le Labo Travel Set Rose 31 - This is the ultra-luxe all in one set that I reach for when I want to smell amazing - the scent lingers all day. Like I said, I do love bringing along luxe products when I'm away because it almost turns the entire trip into a spa experience. These come in really great sizes, each bottle is 3 ounces and the soap is 1.7, so you won't be running out of anything. I will say though, that while the smell is amazing I do prefer the body products in the kit, because I'm more a fan of the Rahua for my haircare, as it's a bit more nourishing. If you happen to be staying in a Fairmont you may be lucky enough to come across one of these as the dopp kit included in your hotel bathroom. A heart eye emoji-worthy bonus.

Malin & Goetz Essential Kit - The easiest to pack, streamlined kit of must-haves from Malin & Goetz. The wannabe minimalist in me loves this, and while it's perfect for weekends away (literally, perfect) if I'll be gone longer I'll need to swap out the cleanser for a larger one and bring a few extra products for backup. I'm a big fan of their formulas (I'd say they work for many skin types) and they're very easy to fit in that quart-sized bag, so it's not an issue having to squeeze a few extra pieces in when needed.

Tatcha - With an entire site page devoted to mini-sized products, it's easy to tailor your routine on-the -go. I love the Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder because it doesn't count as a liquid when traveling and gently exfoliates congested travel-skin. Another favorite is the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist because it makes moisturizing easy, and helps defeat dehydrated skin while flying. The teeny bottle is also adorable and easy to slip in your handbag when boarding.

Kiehl's - Go there for the face cleansers, which is always one of those products I struggle to find in the right size for travel. I always need more than 1 ounce (which is the size many tend to come in), but I also don't want to lug my full-sized tubes with me. Kiehl's does a few of their best sellers in 2.5 ounce bottles, which is enough to see me through even lengthier trips. I recommend the Ultra Facial Cleanser or the Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, both of which foam up and remove makeup completely, without leaving my skin dry.

Can't find what you're looking for here? Check Sephora's travel section or for harder to find sets check the Spa-llywood website. Happy (beautiful) travels, and keep your eyes peeled for a pack-with-me video this week as well. Heading somewhere exciting so don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Instagram @necessarynothings.

*pr samples included.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig