by corinne iaia

July 15, 2016

CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOT LIPS


If you saw yesterday's first impressions video, you'll know just how excited I am to talk to you about this product. I'm calling it now that this is the biggest lip launch of the year...without question. Charlotte Tilbury just launched 12 new lipstick shades, inspired and in collaboration with 12 celebrities and their signature lip shades. Also worth noting is that a portion of all proceeds from the lipsticks will go toward an amazing charity called Women for Women International. It's beauty for a beautiful cause. 

The lipsticks themselves are, of course, amazing. The formula seems to be similar to that of Matte Revolution lipsticks, which are one of my all time favorite lipsticks for a soft matte, yet comfortable finish. The secret is in the antioxidant-infused formula, which includes Lipstick Tree (yes, really) as well as orchid extract to help smooth, moisturize, and protect lips. Additionally, like all of Charlotte's lipsticks, there are 3D pigments built right into the formula to help lips glow, creating the illusion of a fuller pout - which is what we're all after, am I right? I'm also such a fan of the squared off tip, which helps to apply the color in a more precise manner. I love how easily I can get right into the crevice and cupids bow of my lips with these bullets.

I've tried three shades so far, and have added each of them into my daily rotation. The boldest of my three is Miranda May, a bright coral pink that completely lights up the complexion and makes you look so fresh-faced when applied. Of course, I couldn't resist the nudes from the collection, and Super Cindy has quickly become one of my most reached-for daily shades. It is a beautiful nude with a hint of taupe that's reminiscent of the 90's look we've all been so into lately; not to mention, it pairs perfectly with a sienna inspired eye and contoured cheek. Lastly, I had to try a slightly pinkier nude like Kidman's Kiss, a gorgeous rose petal pinky nude that looks both retro and modern at the same time. I'm not usually a pink-lover, but this one strikes the perfect balance and I'm completely obsessed.

I think I may have to pick up a few additional colors from the collection - what would you recommend? These lipsticks are to. die. for. 

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig