by corinne iaia

July 25, 2016

HOURGLASS VANISH SEAMLESS FINISH FOUNDATION STICK

Rejoice! Hourglass has just launched a brand new foundation stick that sounds like everything I've ever dreamt a foundation to be. As you may have noticed, I've been getting more and more into stick foundations lately for more reasons than one. First off, they're super portable, secondly, you can swipe them directly on the skin and blend (no back-of-the-hand mixing palette necessary), and lastly, they provide big coverage with little product usage. The new Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick promises all the coverage of a concealer, the fluidity of a liquid, and the weightlessness of a powder - in one stick! How does it measure up to the claims?

Vanish is a first-of-its-kind stick concealer and foundation (in one!) with twice the amount of pigment than traditional foundations, so that just a few small swipes of product will provide a full-coverage, yet lightweight finish. Also worth noting is the compact, triangle-shaped stick, that offers a very precise application - even under the eyes and around the nose. I love this idea, as I often don't need as much product in certain areas and prefer being able to scribble on the exact amount of product that I want. 

As for the wear of the foundation, I was extremely impressed in terms of how smooth it wore on my skin all day long. I prepped my skin with my current moisturizer (Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream) and then went in with the Hourglass Veil Primer, which I love using for blurring pores and extending the wear of all my foundations. I figured that this would also be a necessary step for a stick foundation as well - as they tend to need more work in the priming and setting department to last all day. I only needed about 4 small swipes on my entire face to end up with a very even coverage, and this foundation was much easier to blend with a buffing brush than other stick foundations. Overall, the amount I used provided a solid medium coverage that could easily be built up to a fuller coverage due to the high intensity of pigments in the product. It gave my skin a smooth, poreless appearance and definitely seems more suited to my combination skin than other foundation sticks (i.e. Clinique Chubby Stick Foundation or MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Stick) - I was pleasantly surprised by the lasting power. It's also nice how little work in this requires in the blending department, and although I still prefer to use a separate concealer under my eyes (for brightening purposes, mainly) I think that this one does the job of covering bags and blemishes nicely as well. 

Huge thumbs up from me, Hourglass...again.

*pr samples included.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig