by corinne iaia

August 23, 2016

IN THE (TSA-APPROVED) BAG

So, I'm off today and will be traveling the remainder of the week. But that's not what I'm here to share; it's this TSA-approved (bane of my travel-existence) bevy of liquids I managed to pare down so well. One word: minis. I'm giving myself a pat on the back because I managed to edit down my essentials and overall, pack quite lightly. I'm breaking this down into a two-part post (next up, makeup!), so here goes my liquids roundup and what I couldn't leave behind:

Davines MINU/Shampoo - A travel size of one of my favorite shampoos. I love the clean ingredient list and how light and swishy my hair feels after using this. They sell small sizes of most products on their website.

Davines MINU/Conditioner - Again, a favorite. This is nourishing without weighing down my strands and helps repair split ends like nobody's business.

Davines Oi Oil - I can leave most hairstyling products behind, but not an oil or conditioning mist. This one is super tiny, but only a few drops are necessary to detangle, add softness, and protect strands from heat-styling.

Dove Advanced Care Deodorant - Unsexy, but essential. Especially for a beachy locale. 

Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 - I swear by this SPF for the face. It's scent free, feels like nothing on the skin, and never makes me break out. I even think it makes a great makeup primer. I will pick up a more generic body SPF once I reach my destination, because I'm much less picky about those. 

The Somme Institute A Bomb Moisturizer - From this kit. A lightweight Vitamin A-rich cream that my skin drinks up like a glass of water.

The Somme Institute Serum - Also from this kit, which always proves perfect for travel. This serum is chock-full of vitamin C, and helps to clarify and brighten skin tone. 

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream - Lightweight, comforting moisture that instantly de-puffs tired eyes.  

Colgate Clean Mint Toothpaste - Also unsexy, but because dental hygiene

Byredo Blanche EDP - A clean, fresh cotton and white floral-inspired fragrance that's one of my favorites for the summer months. It's easy and classic, sort of like the perfect t-shirt. These 12ml travel sized perfumes also last surprisingly long. 

De Bruyère Paris After Sun Lotion - Lightweight lotion, scented with monoï oil to hydrate sun-parched skin. I received this perfect sample-size moisturizer in the most recent Glossybox. 

You may be wondering how my skincare edit became so, well, edited. I thought ahead this time and purchased this super clever non-liquid stick cleanser from a Korean brand called Su:m 37, which is deliciously creamy and filled with rose petals (it's called Miracle Rose Cleanser for a reason, people). For makeup removal I opted for wipes, specifically the Bioderma Sensibio Wipes because they come presoaked with micellar water and remove makeup like a dream. Having these two items in solid and wipe form made fitting the rest of my essentials so much easier. Highly recommend!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig