by corinne iaia

August 24, 2016

ONLY THE ESSENTIALS: PACKING JUST 10 MAKEUP PRODUCTS

If you read yesterday's post, then you'll know how well I managed to go bare bones with my travel beauty products (for me, at least) this time around. I usually overdo it a bit, but with pricy checked-bag fares and fear of losing luggage, I decided to embrace my inner minimalist as best I could and go carry on only. I removed almost all liquids from my makeup routine and am sticking with my tried and true favorites. There's no time like travel to realize the versatility of products and find out what your true loves (and leaves) are. I brought:

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation Stick - I went the stick route to avoid excess liquids, and I'm a fan of this particular soft matte formula. Swipe on coverage where you need it and go - so simple!

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème - A newer addition to my concealer lineup, I like that it has super high-coverage without being drying, and how a tiny dab on the inner corners of the eyes brightens and stays put all day. 

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder - To set makeup, and also to mattify overtop sunscreen when I'm going makeup-free at the beach. Powder is a must, but this undetectable formula is something special.

RMS Lip2Cheek in Illusive - This rosey plum dual-purpose cream makes for an equally beautiful blush and lip stain. The texture is moisturizing but not greasy, so it provides a beautiful lit-from-within glow wherever it's applied. 

Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days - This creamy gradient-effect powder can be used as highlighter, bronzer, and eyeshadow in one. My favorite part about it is how it glides over imperfections and brings serious glow

Kat Von D Tatoo Liner in Trooper - My favorite eyeliner for creating a cat eye, ever.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon - You know how much I love this formula. It stays put in even the hottest weather and creates the ultimate smudgy wet-effect smokey eye in a swipe. 

Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso - To define my brows and keep them in place, of course. I'm also a fan of the ashy tone of this dark brown pencil. 

Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara - To give me dark, fluttery, separated lashes.

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 09 - The ultimate 'my lips but better' lipstick shade. It's a muted, nudey raspberry pink that perfects my lip shape and moisturizes at the same time. Love this.

...all in a Violet Grey makeup bag. What ten products would you pack? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig