by corinne iaia

September 13, 2016

AN EARLY FALL SCENT FAVORITE


You may be aware of my love for Byredo already; Gypsy Water started the obsession, and Flowerhead became my second scent love later on. Two years later, I'd still point to Gypsy Water as my one true scent love. If I had to choose just one, it would have been that. Up until recently, that is, when I became addicted to my 12 ml vial of Bal D'Afrique and knew I had to purchase the full size bottle. I still love Gypsy Water, but Bal D'Afrique is definitely my current scent love. 

Bal D'Afrique is a scent that plays on the fabulousness and sheer excess of Paris during the 1920's; a time when the city was fascinated by African culture. The scent embraces the wearer with sexy, playful, and somewhat masculine notes all at the same time. It's earthy and artistic, yet smooth and sweet and I just can't get over how addictive it is. It's one of those fragrances that seems to become one with the skin over the course of the day, and really becomes unique to the wearer. 

Notes include...

Top Notes: African Marigold, Bergamot, Bucchu, Lemon, Neroli.

Middle Notes: Cyclamen, Jasmine Petals, Violet. 

Base Notes: Black Amber, Moroccan Cedarwood, Musk, Vetiver.

Have you tried Bal D'Afrique yet?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig