by corinne iaia

November 10, 2016

The Capsule Travel Makeup Bag

This is one of those subjects I've talked about time and time again. But, that's because,  after I arrive at my destination, I always feel as though I could have done with even fewer products. I'm sure you've heard everyone tell you time and time again that packing is like an art, so really there is always room for improvement. 

But, I've learned a thing or two during my most recent trips that I'd like to share, and since I'm a planner (see my post earlier this week for proof), I like to take my own advice for upcoming travels as well. It's important to try to be ruthless when packing...so I'm constantly reminding myself of that. 

The "capsule" has been done in every area of fashion and beauty over and over again. What is it you ask? It's just a fancy term for an edited and pared down wardrobe, or in this case, beauty wardrobe that's both streamlined and comprehensive. Here are the few changes you need to make to really master the capsule travel makeup bag.

It all starts with a great palette, that contains almost every color product you'll need. That means, all the blushes, bronzers, highlighters, eyeshadows...and sometimes lipsticks and eyeliners as well (if you're lucky). I've recently found the perfect palette for just that; it's the Laura Mercier Master Class Colour Essentials Collection. This palette is the beauty lover's dream. It contains 6 matte shadows, 6 luster shadows, a universally flattering blush, bronzer, and highlighter...and two cake liners, a black pencil liner, and two shadow brushes. What did I tell you? It has everything

Now you'll need to fill in the remainder of the products you'll use on a daily basis. Of course, if you don't use shadows, liners, or face color...you don't need the palette at all and can skip right over to this part of packing. I allow myself one base that's light enough for day, but provides enough coverage come evening, a concealer that can do it all, brow pencil, mascara, setting powder, and three lip options (one tinted balm, one nude, one bold). 

See? That was easy. You'll have everything you need and nothing you don't, but you'll still be able to change up your look dramatically because of the plentiful eye and lip color options. Perfect...you're ready to go.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig