by corinne iaia

December 18, 2016

Last Minute Gifts: Perfume Picks

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So much so, that it's snowing as I type this post. I did pop up a full gift guide for the beauty lover about a month ago, but if you're like me (a major gift-procrastinator) and you're stuck last minute wondering to get, an enchanting perfume is always a good idea. You really can't go wrong with a beautiful fragrance, as long as you pick one that you think would suit the wearer. I've put together a list of some of my favorite recommendations; these are the scents that always cause heads to turn in passing. Just browse below and choose the ones that you think will make the special ladies in your life happiest...

Byredo Bal D'Afrique - I discovered this fragrance by Swedish brand Byredo in a set earlier this year, but have since fallen in love with this fruity meets woody scent. Notes of bergamot, lemon, violet, black amber, cedarwood, and african marigold conjure up memories of Paris in the 1920's. The result is a smooth, grown-up sweet, sheer green fragrance that is nothing short of addictive. You've been warned.

Tom Ford Black Orchid - A sumptuous, decadent scent that's both feminine and edgy at the same time. Black truffle, vanilla, fruit and floral accords create a rich scent that seamlessly mingles florals with creamy almost-edible notes. This is one of those notice-me scents that smells better as the day progresses and lingers on clothing post-wear. A true new classic. 

ChloƩ EDP - The OG ChloƩ scent is their best yet in my opinion! It's sophisticated and sparkling, a dream scent for a true girly-girl. I love that though it uses so many bright florals like magnolia, rose, and peony, it still maintains a grown-up appeal and a certain warmth thanks to a base of honey, cedarwood, and amber. I've loved this scent for years and don't think I'll ever stop.

Byredo Mojave Ghost - Notes of sandalwood, amber, musk, and florals combine to create a dreamy warm floral that sits close to the skin. I absolutely love this scent and how it manages to be light and dreamy, yet provide so much depth at the same time. It's a great scent for year-round wear, and could the packaging get any dreamier? 

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt - A true stunner of a scent, this combines the earthiness of the rugged coastline with the saltiness of the air, and is grounded by an almost damp hint of lush greenery. I've yet to meet someone who doesn't love this, so it's a sure bet for the picky fragrance-wearer. Notes include ambrette seeds, sea salt, driftwood accord, white musk, sage, and dry fruit.

Maison Margiela Replica By The Fireplace - If you can't already tell, I'm a huge fan of these scents. This is one of my favorite for the colder months, for obvious reasons. The brand really has managed to bottle the scent of a crackling fire in a ski lodge (in the Alps, please) and even the warmth of resinous wood. I swear it's so realistic that it even makes me feel warmer. The notes include pink pepper, orange flower, clove, chestnut accord, vanilla accord, cade oil and more. 

Have you tried any of these fragrance picks?

*pr samples included. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig