by corinne iaia

June 04, 2017

Natural Summer Makeup: My 5 Must-Haves

Not that I'm a fan in any season; but especially during summertime, thick makeup just feels...wrong. That being said, I'm all about finding ways to look as though I'm not wearing any makeup (and really, I barely am) at all. I am the first to admit that I do need a bit of sprucing, so going completely bare isn't an option either; but I promise you that the following five products will get you as close as possible. 

Faking natural skin is easy with the right base. I love textures that mesh with the skin and provide a light coverage that stays put, which is why RMS Un Coverup is one of my all time favorites. The coconut oil base makes this natural pick dewy and fresh, while the pigments blend seamlessly with the skin for a complexion pick-me-up. I use this as both a concealer and foundation, and the result will have anyone fooled. 

The base is so good on its own, but I am one to abide by the "healthy dose of color" law. I need a bit of a boost for lips and cheeks and for that I am all about liquid blush and colored balms. Right now, I love the Nars Liquid Blush in Orgasm, which is a more natural version of the cult-classic peachy golden hue. For lips, the perky Lipstick Queen Mornin' Sunshine is favorite, as it adapts from a balmy yellow to a peachy coral hue on the lips. It's great because it can be worn very sheer, for a barely-there look, or it can be built up for a more full-on bright lip. Did I mention...it's also moisturizing? 

And, of course, I can't forget brows and lashes - two beauty categories I almost never skip. I do like opting for a more natural brow in the hot weather, so I groom them and give them a bit of a color and shape boost with the Glossier Boy Brow - a classic! Finding a smudge-free mascara that looks natural is probably summer's biggest beauty conundrum, but I have to say the Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara is pretty close to being perfect. Once it dries, the rubbery consistency doesn't budge until you wash it off. I'm obsessed.

You can also shop my Glossier rep page to get 20% off your first order. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig